We are an integrated design firm with a promise to elevate the human experience through design. This fuels the work we do around the world and inspires our mission to improve the lives of our clients, our communities, and our planet. If this sparks your interest, you’re in the right place.
Locations: Chicago, Denver, or Kansas City
DLR Group is seeking a high energy Social Media Specialist with a passion for building brands to join an ambitious team that intends to transform the model of marketing communications in the A/E/C industry. The Social Media Specialist will collaborate with marketing and digital team members to execute strategy and lead the firm’s presence on social media platforms to position DLR Group as a global, integrated design firm to generate global identity and impact.
The social media specialist will lead the curation, creation (copywriting and graphics), and publishing process for DLR Group’s social media platforms. They will execute the firm’s organic strategy for each channel, learning and building on the established strategy for continued growth. This individual will work with marketing leaders across the firm to develop on-brand and compelling messaging. They will outline key performance indicators to support annual business plan goals.
- Set and achieve annual benchmarks for social media programs in collaboration with the Digital Content Strategist.
- Develop a customized editorial calendar for each platform (Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter) that best addresses the channel’s audience.
- Develop long-term campaigns that align with DLR Group's goals.
- Write and schedule all social media messages matching established brand voice and content standards.
- Leverage existing content assets to augment key firm messages and enhance storytelling.
- Create compelling, on-brand visual assets that showcase DLR Group as a global design firm.
- Evaluate and improve visual and editorial standards over time for the firm’s growth.
- Develop analytics reports regularly (both for campaigns and on a quarterly basis) that are tailored for different audiences. From this, leverage performance metrics and analytics to inform new strategies.
- Test and iterate campaigns on social media platforms to amplify performance and drive growth.
- Collaborate with and support brand, and marketing leadership to effectively leverage marketing content, connecting with target audiences to tell the firm’s design story
- Independently manage inbound requests and engagements on social platforms.
- Mentor and guide employee-owners on effectively using social media.
- Evaluate and recommend emerging and existing social platforms, strategies, and platform updates for optimal brand positioning.
Preferred Experience & Skills:
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, or English
- 3 – 5 years of experience dedicated to social media marketing.
- Must have previous social media experience, digital aptitude, excellent communication skills, and experience with social media strategy and planning.
- Deep understanding if social media platforms including, but not limited to, platform core capabilities, KPI's, campaign best practices, SEO, page optimization, conversions, collaboration posts, and link tracking.
- Confidence in acting as a brand ambassador on social channels
- Compiling analytics reports
- Adept visual eye for photography and/or video that showcases high quality design and storytelling.
- Experienced writer familiar with target audience engagement writing tactics and self-proofing of copy.
- Proven ability to thrive under multiple concurrent deadlines with agility and ease, expert in prioritization to maintain focus on established strategic direction.
- Attention to detail and an ability to craft deliverables that comply with brand standards while creatively expressing the DLR Group brand and differentiators.
- Critical thinker who can quickly evaluate needs and recommend responsive solutions.
- Strong project and people management skills with a high degree of sophistication in navigating internal stakeholders and competing deadlines; ability to quickly build consensus , and positively "manage up" to gain senior level support and input
- Tools and Programs:
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (primarily InDesign, Photoshop, Lightroom, and Premiere Rush);
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite;
- Experience with content management systems (Sprout Social and Monday.com);
- Familiarity with video platforms (Vimeo and YouTube) and G4.
- Familiarity with AEC industry terminology and sophisticated verbiage to reinforce a high-quality global design firm message is a plus.
DLR Group is an integrated design firm delivering architecture, engineering, interiors, planning, and building optimization for new builds, renovations, and adaptive reuse projects.
We are 100% employee-owned: every employee is literally invested in our clients’ success. At the core of our firm are interdisciplinary teams engaged in every step of project lifecycles. Our teams champion true collaboration, open information sharing, shared risk and reward, value-based decision making, and proficient use of technology to deliver exceptional design. We are pursuing the goals of the 2030 Challenge, the ME2040, and the SE2050, and are an initial signatory of the China Accord and the AIA 2030 Commitment.
Our comprehensive Benefits at DLR Group include: medical, dental, vision, disability, wellness programs, flex spending, paid holidays, and paid time off. We also offer a 401k, employee stock ownership, and bonus opportunities. Compensation considerations are based on location, experience, and skills.
Through our values – commitment, creativity, environmental stewardship, fun, integrity, ownership, sharing, teamwork – we elevate the human experience through design, together.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.