We are a global leader in environmental consulting - made stronger with the recent acquisition of Wood’s Environment & Infrastructure business and Golder - with world-class expertise in environmental, social and governance (ESG), climate resiliency & sustainability (CRS), and earth sciences. Combined we have over 20,000 multidisciplinary professionals worldwide collaborating daily to protect and conserve natural landscapes, create firm foundations for communities to stand on, and champion sustainable development to combat climate change.
As part of the team, you will have access to an unparalleled network of resources and endless opportunities to collaborate on exciting projects with diverse teammates from across the globe.
WSP is currently initiating a search for a Site Civil Engineer for our Kennesaw, GA office. The following locations will also be considered: (Location); (Location); and (Location). Be involved in projects with our (Mine XX) Earth & Environment Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client’s objectives and solves their challenges.
Provides support to technical staff, engineers, and project managers for remediation, permitting, improvement, and construction of infrastructure projects and systems in the public and private sector. Tasks may include basic assistance with the research, design, concept development, and construction of roads, buildings, tunnels, dams, bridges, and water supply systems, and sewage treatment. Generates accurate and concise reports and documentation regarding assigned material, installations, and construction specifications. Ensures that responsibilities are delivered and adhered to with a level of quality that meets or exceeds acceptable industry standards for design, safety, and functionality.Your Impact
- With minimal supervision, assist with collecting, compiling, and analyzing data from the physical work site, surveys, blueprints, GIS data, subsurface utility information, maps, geotechnical data, and other matrices for project development, design, and construction.
- Perform basic professional civil engineering work relating to conducting research and inspections of proposed and existing site conditions, resources, building, infrastructure, and transportation channels to determine conformance with applicable rules, standards, and construction or operating permits.
- Assist with the development of technologies, monitoring devices, modeling techniques, design requirements, and operating strategies to account for the safety and functionality of end-users, transportation vehicles/systems, and incorporate future-ready solutions with civil engineering design standards.
- Assist with verifying the characteristics of a site and providing technical assistance on various engineering, design, and construction issues.
- Write technical reports summarizing research with findings and conclusions, generating complete, accurate, and concise documentation using sketches, calculations, electronic systems, spreadsheets, and software.
- Assist technical staff and project managers with risk identification and assessment, offering input and analysis with design concepts, construction, mitigation and improvement activities, and remediation projects.
- Work with cross-functional teams in executing project work.
- Assist with work plan preparation and coordination of field/site work and permitting.
- Complete training on assigned tasks.
- Work collaboratively with other engineers and planners on projects with infrastructure authorities on Federal, State, regional, and locally funded improvement and development projects.
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct, and adhere to WSP’s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures.
- Perform additional responsibilities as required by business needs.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, or closely related discipline.
- 1 to 3 years of relevant post education experience.
- Knowledge of civil engineering principles, practices, process, design/build, and the application to permitting and project work-related issues.
- Familiarity with infrastructure planning, design, and construction management; including rehabilitation and new design.
- Highly familiar with relevant civil construction laws, codes, regulations, compliance practices, and record-keeping requirements.
- Analytical mindset with an ability to exercise sound judgement in evaluating situations and making decisions.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills when interacting with others, expressing ideas effectively and professionally to an engineering and non-engineering audience.
- Capable self-leadership with attention to detail, accuracy, multi-tasking, and prioritization of responsibilities in a dynamic work environment.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, as well as part of a team to meet business objectives.
- Basic proficiency with technical writing, office automation, software, technology, math principles, predictive models, spreadsheets, and tools.
- Experience with discipline-specific design software (i.e., MicroStation, AutoCAD, Civil 3D, ArcGIS, InRoads, Geopak, GeoSlope, ANSYS, STADD, HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS).
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP’s health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies.
- Ability to work schedules conducive to project-specific requirements that may extend beyond the typical workweek.
- Occasional travel may be required depending on project-specific requirements.
- Engineer in Training Certification.
- Prior design experience.
- A member of and/or actively participate in local professional practice organizations.
#LI-AR1See Job Description