JOB SUMMARYAt Houston Methodist, the Server Engineer is responsible for developing and executing test plans, installations and documentation support. Plans and manages initial deployments, provides third level support and vendor management for server based products. Plans, designs and recommends platform modifications or additions to increase system stability, capacity and scalability. Provides implementation planning, management, and support during production rollouts. Monitors and controls performance and health of the server resources. Identifies and diagnoses problems and factors affecting server performance.Houston Methodist Standard
PATIENT AGE GROUP(S) AND POPULATION(S) SERVEDRefer to departmental "Scope of Service" and "Provision of Care" plans, as applicable, for description of primary age groups and populations served by this job for the respective HM entity.
HOUSTON METHODIST EXPERIENCE EXPECTATIONS
- Provide personalized care and service by consistently demonstrating our I CARE values:
- INTEGRITY: We are honest and ethical in all we say and do.
- COMPASSION: We embrace the whole person including emotional, ethical, physical, and spiritual needs.
- ACCOUNTABILITY: We hold ourselves accountable for all our actions.
- RESPECT: We treat every individual as a person of worth, dignity, and value.
- EXCELLENCE: We strive to be the best at what we do and a model for others to emulate.
- Focuses on patient/customer safety
- Delivers personalized service using HM Service Standards
- Provides for exceptional patient/customer experiences by following our Standards of Practice of always using Positive Language (AIDET, Managing Up, Key Words)
- Intentionally rounds with patients/customers to ensure their needs are being met
- Involves patients (customers) in shift/handoff reports byenabling their participation in their plan of care as applicable to the given job
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIESJob responsibilities labeled EF capture those duties that are essential functions of the job.PEOPLE - 30%
- High School diploma or equivalent education (examples include: GED, verification of homeschool equivalency, partial or full completion of post-secondary education, etc.)
- Three years IT experience to include two years server administration experience in a large networked environment. An additional two years experience required in lieu of Level 1 certification in assigned area of concentration below.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
- One Level 1 (entry level) certification in area of concentration required such as those under Microsoft Fundments, Citrix Certified Associate (CCA-V) Vmware Certified Association (VCA), MCSA, SQL 2016 Database Administration, F5 Certified Technical Professional or CompTIA Beginner, Linux+ or Red Hat Certified Architect (RHCA). Once proof of initial certification requirements are cleared, further tracking of certification is not required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Demonstrates the skills and competencies necessary to safely perform the assigned job, determined through on-going skills, competency assessments, and performance evaluations
- Sufficient proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing the English language necessary to perform the essential functions of this job, especially with regard to activities impacting patient or employee safety or security
- Ability to effectively communicate with patients, physicians, family members and co-workers in a manner consistent with a customer service focus and application of positive language principles
- Strong knowledge of Windows Server Operation Systems, Performance Analysis and Active Directory configuration/support, and Windows Networking
- Knowledge of all major storage protocols
- Ability to capture and repackage software installs for deployment
- Knowledge of System Center Configuration and ability to remotely deploy applications and configure systems
- Ability to troubleshoot, perform root cause analysis and provide problem resolution
- Strong project management skills
SUPPLEMENTAL REQUIREMENTSWork AttireYes/NoUniform NoScrubsNoBusiness professionalYesOther (dept approved) YesOn-Call* Yes, on a regular basis (for Non-Exempt or Exempt jobs)*Note that employees may be required to be on-call during emergencies (ie. Disaster, Severe Weather Event, etc) regardless of selection above. Travel** May require travel within YesHouston Metropolitan area May require travel outside Yes of Houston Metropolitan area **Travel specifications may vary by department. Please note any other special considerations to this job: __________________________Company Profile
Houston Methodist (HM) is one of the nation's leading health systems and academic medical centers. HM consists of eight hospitals: Houston Methodist Hospital, its flagship academic hospital in the heart of the Texas Medical Center, and seven community hospitals throughout the greater Houston metropolitan area. HM also includes an academic institute, a comprehensive residency program, a global business division, numerous physician practices and several free-standing emergency rooms and outpatient facilities. Overall, HM employs over 25,000 employees. Houston Methodist is supported by a wide variety of business functions that operate at the system level to help enable clinical departments to provide the best patient care and service in a spiritual environment.
In 2019 Houston Methodist and its physicians treat more than 6,333 international patients from more than 76 countries. Houston Methodist Global Health Care Services' consulting and education divisions also provide advisory services and training and development to health care organizations around the world.Employment Type: FULL_TIME