Position: Senior Network Consultant
Shipshape IT is seeking to grow its technical team to keep pace with its steady growth. Shipshape IT is a provider of fixed-price IT support to small and mid-size businesses in the DC metro area. The company is looking for highly motivated individuals with the ability to effectively communicate with both internal staff and clients. Candidates must also possess a strong information technology background and knowledge.
The Senior Network Consultant is assigned a portfolio of clients and reports to the Vice President of Technical Services. The successful candidate will be responsible for working closely with clients, our Support Services Group and Managed Services Team, to ensure all technical needs are met. Typical responsibilities are:
- Strengthen Business Relationships
- Identify and Recommend Technical Solutions
- Directly Implement Proposed Technical solutions
- Prioritize and address client issues and concerns
Preferred Experience Background
This is a senior level technical position. Our Ideal Senior Network Consultant will have 5+ years of prior experience working for an MSP or onsite as support staff for a small business. Our ideal team members will strive to provide a high level of customer service and possess exceptional communication and project management skills. This position will be highly collaborative with staff members of varying experience and will provide numerous opportunities to mentor other staff.
All areas of responsibility listed below are essential to the satisfactory performance of this position. Any non-essential functions are assumed to be included in "other related organizational and logistical duties as may be reasonably assigned":
- Participate in regular meetings with a client’s leadership team
- Build and maintain a technical road map with client for their business
- Develop policies and procedures for technical support and operations
- Determine obstacles and challenges that threaten a client’s business and communicate with Shipshape IT Management
- Analyze client’s evolving needs and recommend appropriate infrastructure and configurations
- Analyze, recommend, and evaluate new hardware and software products for network compatibility
- Design, manage, and deliver all aspects of Project Implementation
- Vendor management
- Design, configure, maintain, and manage network infrastructure and applications, including backups
- Provide escalation support for advanced or complex issues
- Contribute to best practices for managed services
- Review and maintain client documentation in conjunction with other team members.
- Identify opportunities for professional growth
- Contribute to the growth and operations of Shipshape IT
The position requires proficiency in the following skills:
- Project Management
- Microsoft 365
- Networking Configuration and Management
- Managed backup solutions
- Mail Systems and Security
- Windows Server Operating Systems
- Active Directory
- Mobile Device Management
- Managed antivirus/EDR solutions
- Critical Thinking
- Attention to Detail
Education and Certifications Preferred, Not Required
- Two-Year or Four-Year Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Systems, or other related disciplines
- Certifications: CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+, Microsoft, VMware
You may be responsible for, and candidates should be able to perform light physical work. Examples would include things such as lifting, moving, and relocating computers or other information technology infrastructure within an office or data center facility.
Job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Shipshape IT is an Equal Opportunity Employer.