We are looking for talented, team-oriented senior construction inspectors (comparable to NCDOT TTIII through TTV) to join our Construction, Engineering, and Inspection (CEI) team in the greater Raleigh/Durham area to work on some of the region's most exciting municipal projects! Projects include greenways, roadways, bridges, and more!
The ideal candidate for this position will work independently in a field-based role with various municipal owners and contractors while being responsible for:
- Inspection of onsite construction activities
- Oversight of contractor's quality control operations
- Quality Assurance sampling and testing
- Completion of Testing Reports
- Electronic recordkeeping on a company-provided iPad
- Monthly preparation of pay item quantities
- Daily communication with client, contractor, and field project personnel
- Leadership of other technicians onsite
Required Education, Skills and Experience:
The successful candidate will possess minimum of 10 years of experience on transportation-focused construction projects with elements such as earthwork, erosion control, paving, striping, utilities, ITS, and/or structures, OR an Associate's Degree or higher in a related field (Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Surveying, etc.) PLUS 8 years of field experience.
In addition, candidates should demonstrate the following:
- Ability to read and interpret construction plan sheets and contract specifications
- Ability to read and follow test specifications
- Ability to maintain thorough project documentation, including measurements of constructed bid item quantities
- Strong abilities with basic math, including area, volume, and the ability to convert between units
- Excellent driving record
- Willingness to work nights and weekends as required
- Willingness to work outdoors in varying weather conditions
Candidates must also be trustworthy, responsible, dependable, and willing to work independently as well as part of a team.
Preferred Education, Skills and Experience:
Although not required, previous experience working with North Carolina municipalities on federally funded LAP projects is desired. Alternatively, experience working on NCDOT projects will also be beneficial.
Candidates should possess or have the ability to obtain the following NCDOT certifications:
- Concrete Field Technician (including ACI Certification)
- ABC Sampling Technician
- Borrow Pit Sampling Technician
- Conventional Density Sampling Technician
- Introduction to Asphalt Pavements
- QMS Roadway Technician
In addition, the following certifications are also preferred:
- Erosion and Sediment Control, Level II
- OSHA 10-Hour Construction Safety
Training will be provided as part of this role, including training necessary to become a fully certified NCDOT Technician.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.