We are the game changers, innovators, collaborators, who "Dare To Level Up" the Status Quo. We are the groundbreakers of the Supply Chain & Logistics space.
We are a Diverse group, spread across 200 countries and territories, and united by a shared set of values and goals. You know our name through our amazing portfolio, including Pepsi, Frito-Lay, Quaker, and Gatorade.
We WIN with a purpose. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities, and our business practices. Together, we raise the bar in lean manufacturing practices. We put forth new standards and stretch to reach beyond the goals we set. We are a think tank, bringing our ideas into action and are determined to find ways to drive efficiencies, improve processes and achieve the highest level of safety...all while meeting the demands of our customers and consumers to deliver the best products.
At PepsiCo, we are committed to performing as individuals and in teams to strengthen the company. Are you hungry to be a part of the world's largest portfolio of billion-dollar food and beverage brands?
Now is the time to explore the opportunities of PepsiCo: What makes you unique makes us better!
PepsiCo has 23 brands that have over US$1 billion in sales annually. PepsiCo has operations all around the world and its products were distributed across more than 200 countries, resulting in annual net revenues of over US$70 billion.
Come join this newly created team, in a fast-paced environment driving change in the #1 Private Fleet in North America! This high-profile role is key position on the PBNA EHS Leadership Team and will report directly to the Vice President of PBNA Environment, Health & Safety. This position plays a critical role in leading the Fleet Safety & Compliance transformation of Pepsi Beverages North America (PBNA) and New Bern Transportation. This role will provide EHS leadership and direction to enable the implementation of a Fleet Safety & Compliance risk management process, as well as ensure regulatory compliance, in the dynamic industry of direct store delivery and transportation.
What's your role?
The PBNA Senior Director of Fleet Safety & Compliance must engage, motivate, influence and align the PBNA organization, at all levels, implementing the PBNA EHS Fleet Safety strategy to reduce incidents, drive compliance and build capability.
The PBNA Senior Director of Fleet Safety & Transportation will be tasked with developing innovative strategies and collaborate across functional areas of PBNA HR, Finance, Legal, and Fleet and be an officer in New Bern Transportation.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated prior experience in a senior leadership role in Fleet and DOT that includes leading people and be highly skilled at implementing processes that lead to sustained crash performance improvements.
Critical skills for the role include the deployment of overall risk improvement strategies & compliance for PBNA Sector including Commercial Motor Vehicles, D10K and all personal owned vehicles used across our PBNA business. With a keen focus on operationalizing the critical steps in field operations that support our PBNA Zero Zone, PBNA Fleet Safety and overall risk improvement strategies.
Being a change agent is one the of most important skills this individual will possess....they will have prior experience working collaboratively with the Sales and Supply Chain Directors, Fleet Safety & Transport Teams and the functional EHS leaders in the organization.
The ideal candidate will be a subject matter expert in commercial motor vehicle safety and fleet safety operations, that includes DOT and OSHA compliance experience. Th individual will have a deep understanding of DOT systems including FMCSA/DOT, DQF's, Drug Testing, and Incident Management. This individual will lead and support an extended team of direct and indirect reports across the PBNA divisional structure and the Fleet Safety & Compliance Sector Team.
The candidate must provide collaborative, proactive, and creative problem-solving abilities to develop best-in-class Fleet Safety programs for the improvement of the overall EHS strategy and execution of that strategy execution. Key skills of the role; identify and execute technology improvements in crash reduction and in DOT compliance, development and deployment of detailed action plans to drive improvement in areas of opportunity, ensure auditing leads to actions to close compliance gaps and improve audit scores across the enterprise.
Demonstrated success in the area as a Change Agent, Strategic thinking / planning, Governance, EHS Audit, Safety Culture Revolution, Organizational Learning, Executive Leadership and Budget management.
COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment for this role. Please note that all such company vaccine requirements provide the opportunity to request an approved accommodation or exemption under applicable law.
Compensation & Benefits:
• The expected compensation range for this position is between $140,000 - $280,000.
• Location, confirmed job-related skills and experience will be considered in setting actual starting salary.
• Bonus based on performance and eligibility target payout is 30% of annual salary paid out annually and an additional target payout of 15% of annual salary is paid out over 3 years following the end of the performance period.
• Paid time off subject to eligibility, including paid parental leave, vacation, sick, and bereavement.
• In addition to salary, PepsiCo offers a comprehensive benefits package to support our employees and their families, subject to elections and eligibility: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Health and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Insurance (Accident, Group Legal, Life), Defined Contribution Retirement Plan.
- Bachelor's Degree in EHS, Transportation/Fleet Safety or Engineering
- Minimum of 10 years applicable EHS experience in industry, ideally with a Transportation and Fleet focus, previous CDL experience
- Understands and can articulate safety and commercial vehicle operation regulations
- Demonstrated ability to manage multi-site/region EHS programs and people
- Displays strong problem solving, organizational and analytical skills
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills including public speaking skills and executive presence in meetings and training environments
- Solid employee relations experience, high level interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills
- Professional maturity and ability to act as a change leader by influencing all levels of the organization to drive continuous improvement in safety performance
- EHS Management Systems experience in a related industry, including consumer packaged goods, distribution/transportation, manufacturing, or grocery industry
Demonstrated Ability to:
- Persuade, influence, and make formal presentations
- Lead, supervise, manage, and develop individuals and high-performance teams
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to create a result- driven, team-oriented environment
- Maintain confidentiality
- Make independent decisions
- Demonstrate excellent organizational skills
- Use PC and related software (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Handle multiple priorities and meet critical deadlines
- Travel up to 50% (dependent on business needs and fluctuation)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy.
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement