As a Health and Benefits Senior Associate, you will be a key member of the client service team, engaging directly with clients and establishing relationships across all levels of the client organization. You will substantially contribute to the management of projects, leveraging your experience as a benefits expert to make recommendations on plan design and management for the full array of health and benefits programs. You will have the opportunity to position yourself to grow into a senior relationship management and/or leadership role by serving as a pivotal point of contact on projects and working alongside industry experts on cutting edge solutions.
Play a lead role in the design and management of group medical, dental, wellbeing, life, disability and absence management benefits for clients. Responsibilities include:
- Materially contributing to and/or leading project management; monitoring progress against established objectives, budgets, timelines, deliverables and quality standards; and serving as day to day contact for clients
- Proactively advising clients and providing superior client service
- Contributing to the creation of benefit plan analysis, design, cost savings and funding strategies
- Playing a key role in vendor procurement, negotiation, implementation, and optimization activities
- Providing benefit enrollment support, including preparing materials and presentations, verifying policy and plan information, and updating internal systems as necessary
- Ensuring client compliance adherence by managing completion of reports and administrative actions for clients including Form 5500 filings, policy checking and delivery, monthly reporting of client and carrier information, summary plan descriptions and certificates
- Engaging specialist resources and subject matter experts in health management, absence and disability management, pharmacy, data analytics and compliance
- Reviewing financial analyses including but not limited to developing pricing and employee contributions strategies, modelling plan design alternatives and calculating reserves
- Supporting the generation of new business by participating in prospecting opportunities as part of a broader team
- Building relationships internally and collaborating effectively on cross-functional teams
- Mentoring junior colleagues
- 6+ years' experience in the design/management of health and welfare plans gained in a consulting or brokerage environment or similar experience in a consultative role gained at a carrier or vendor
- Strong financial skills; prior experience in health and welfare product pricing, underwriting or valuation work preferred
- Desire and ability to expand relationships with current clients
- Polished and well developed oral and written communication skills
- Self-starter attitude and ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Flexibility and proven ability to identify and resolve issues
- Strong analytical, creative and integrative skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, particularly in Excel and PowerPoint
- State Life and Health license required within 90 days of joining
- CEBS designation, or health and welfare actuarial or underwriting training desired
WTW may be subject to mandatory employment-related COVID-19 vaccination requirements. Therefore, to the extent any such mandates apply, you may be required to certify and provide documentation of full vaccination against COVID-19 if you are hired in the U.S. If you accept an offer from WTW and are subject to a mandate but are unable or unwilling to be vaccinated because of medical reasons or sincerely-held religious beliefs, you may request a medical or religious accommodation. If you require an accommodation, the Company will evaluate your request and work with you to identify reasonable alternatives to vaccination, if available.
EEO, including disability/vets
Compensation and Benefits
Base salary range and benefits information for this position are being included in accordance with requirements of various state/local pay transparency legislation. Please note that salaries may vary for different individuals in the same role based on several factors, including but not limited to location of the
role, individual competencies, education/professional certifications, qualifications/experience, performance in the role and potential for revenue generation (Producer roles only).
The base salary compensation range being offered for this role is $90,000 - $115,000.
This role is also eligible for an annual short-term incentive bonus.
WTW provides a competitive benefit package which includes the following (eligibility requirements apply):
Health and Welfare Benefits: Medical (including prescription coverage), Dental, Vision, Health Savings
Account, Commuter Account, Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts, Group
Accident, Group Critical Illness, Life Insurance, AD&D, Group Legal, Identify Theft Protection, Wellbeing
Program and Work/Life Resources (including Employee Assistance Program)
Leave Benefits: Paid Holidays, Annual Paid Time Off (includes paid state /local paid leave where
required), Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, Other Leaves (e.g., Bereavement, FMLA, ADA,
Jury Duty, Military Leave, and Parental and Adoption Leave)
Retirement Benefits: Contributory Pension Plan and Savings Plan (401k). Certain senior level roles may
also be eligible for non-qualified Deferred Compensation and Deferred Savings Plans.