Data Science & Analytics - Data Science & Analytics
The Internal Audit Data Analytics Resource Center (DARC) is responsible for creating data analytics solutions to monitor risk and test controls across Prudential's businesses and corporate centers. This exciting position will offer a qualified individual the opportunity to support Internal Audit's tech-forward strategy in its mission to protect Prudential's assets, reputation, and sustainability.
We are looking for someone who is self-motivated, has a passion for analytics/technology, and challenges the status-quo. As a member of the team, you will support targeted technology, innovation, and process improvement projects and continuously improve our execution of technology/data/innovation efforts. You will gain exposure to all areas of the Internal Audit Department and gain a deep understanding of how we drive value for the company.
This position is based in Newark, New Jersey, but will be hybrid. This position may require travel, which should not exceed 10%, but may vary depending on the projects in the portfolio being supervised.
The successful candidate will:
- Enhance the department's data analytics & data science capabilities.
- Participate in a technical agile delivery team to bring new solutions and updates to market quickly.
- Effectively communicate (both verbal and written) at all levels of the organization.
- Establish relationships with audit teams to gain an understanding of available data resources, flow of information and ways in which information can be leveraged in the audit process.
- Translate audit scenarios and requirements into technical specifications, develop and test analyses, and communicate outcomes
- Research and stay abreast of business and market trends as well as leading practices in continuous monitoring and data analytics emerging technology
The qualifications include:
- 2 or more years of experience in technology or analytics
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel required
- Experience with data visualization software (Tableau, PowerBI)
- Experience with programming languages and/or analytics tool (Python, R, SQL, PowerQuery)
- Ability to process new concepts and technologies quickly, has an appetite for learning.
- A problem-solving mindset, someone with the skills and attributes to find the most appropriate solution that will bring about the desired change/outcome.
- Strong written and oral communication skills. Demonstrated ability to present complex information with simplicity.
- Ability to multi-task and flex when priorities change.
- Knowledge/experience in Financial Services, Insurance, or Sales a plus
Note: Prudential is required by state specific laws to include the salary range for this role when hiring a resident in applicable locations. The salary range for this role is from $73,900.00 to $109,900.00. Specific pricing for the role may vary within the above range based on many factors including geographic location, candidate experience, and skills. Roles may also be eligible for additional compensation and/or benefits. Eligibility to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program is subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance. In addition, employees are eligible for standard benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and retirement.
Prudential Financial, Inc. of the United States is not affiliated with Prudential plc. which is headquartered in the United Kingdom.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, domestic partner status , medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Prudential Insurance Company of America, Newark, NJ and its affiliates.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.
PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES:
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, which may include an assessment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that the above email is solely for individuals with disabilities requesting an accommodation. If you are experiencing a technical issue with your application or an assessment, please email email@example.com to request assistance.