DISH is a Fortune 200 company that continues to redefine the communications industry. Our legacy is innovation and a willingness to challenge the status quo, including reinventing ourselves. We disrupted the pay-TV industry in the mid-90s with the launch of the DISH satellite TV service, taking on some of the largest U.S. corporations in the process, and grew to be the fourth-largest pay-TV provider. We are doing it again with the first live, internet-delivered TV service – Sling TV – that bucks traditional pay-TV norms and gives consumers a truly new way to access and watch television.
Now we have our sights set on upending the wireless industry and unseating the entrenched incumbent carriers.
We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win – it’s in our DNA. We’re looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve, to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are DISH.
What you will be doing:
As a Senior AEM Developer at DISH, you must be a natural problem solver. You think the best answer is the most straightforward and most elegant. You'll lead and work within an agile delivery team and use your skills to create and customize components within Adobe Experience Manager.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop on-platform solutions and integrations to external systems
- Develop and deploy business logic and user interfaces in AEM
- Translate requirements into technical solutions leveraging the AEM platform
- Estimate the level of effort needed to implement solutions
- Support the delivery of AEM implementations
- Document and share best practices
- Peer code review to ensure design standards are followed
- Create and extend objects to support business capabilities and integrations
- Work with application architects to define standards and design solutions
- Work with embedded testers to build and execute automated testing processes
- 5+ years of AEM experience
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming and computer science foundations
- Experience working with the Java Content Repository (JCR), including a solid understanding of how AEM stores data
- Experience using Sling and OSGi, including runmode configurations
- Experience with Git and work tracking tools like Rally or Jira
- Experience developing custom components, including leveraging and extending Adobe's core components
- Understanding of the Apache Dispatcher and how it works
- Understanding of editable templates and template/component policies
- Hands-on experience building scalable web applications, in particular building high frequency and low latency web apps with optimal memory management, performance, and scalability as a key focus
- Experience running/mentoring a team of developers
- Experience in consulting and prior working experience with Project Management teams
- Thirst for knowledge and an abundance of curiosity
- Thrive in a fast-paced and agile environment
Nice to Have:
- Experience working with Adobe Cloud Manager for deployments
- Experience working on AEM with Managed Services
- Experience using Adobe Target, Analytics, and Launch and how each of these integrates with AEM
- Experience with AEM Experience Fragments, and its integration with Salesforce CMS Connect
- Understanding of modern, efficient web-based development and responsive design techniques
- Experience working with a multi-tenant AEM project structure
- Understanding of the i18n dictionary and how AEM translations work
- In-depth knowledge of GitLab and setting up CI/CD pipelines
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, check out our benefits on our careers website. Successful completion of a pre-employment screen, to include a drug test and criminal background check.Salary Range: USD $115500.00 - $165500.00 / Year