Wednesday, July 12, 2023
Working at Watlow
Are you looking for an opportunity to make a great living and be part of a thriving cross functional community? Watlow is a global technology and manufacturing leader who provides world class engineering expertise through innovative thermal products and systems, enabling our customers to thrive. We are making a positive impact every day as our solutions enrich the lives of people everywhere. We have been providing breakthrough thermal solutions for nearly a century. Our corporate values guide us uncompromisingly to always do the right thing, continually learn and improve, respect everyone and lead with service and humility .
About the Role
As our Senior Account Manager at our San Jose Advanced Technology Center, you will maintain and grow relationships with one of our key accounts in the semiconductor industry. You will be responsible for supporting and achieving Watlow’s business goals and delighting our customer with solutions that meet their needs and grow their business.
In this advanced role,you are responsible for the daily support, management and growth of the account. You will be the primary interface with Watlow teams/departments in meeting our customer demands and expectations. We will rely upon you to monitor Watlow performance and champion continuous improvement initiatives. You will often serve as an industry subject matter expert and have autonomy and ownership for your account and its relationships.
You will report to the Director of Strategic Accounts for the Semiconductor Business Unit and engage directly with functional leaders across Watlow in providing innovative solutions and product leadership for our semiconductor customers.
- Building knowledge and personal relationships with key account
- Effectively advising internal teams about account dynamics, customers preferences, emerging needs and promoting overall customers satisfaction
- Leading and managing the customer scorecard process and reporting to the organization.
- Identifying, coordinating and driving to completion all efforts associated with management of change and continuous improvement as measured by customer scorecard and Watlow key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Responding and ensuring timely resolution of customer concerns, returns and technical support.
- Engaging with the customer to ensure understanding product quality needs, concisely communicate needs to the business, and provide leadership towards satisfying those needs.
- Executing quality strategies with stakeholders to maximize customer satisfaction and growth for assigned customers.
- Determining scope and implementation timeframes of assigned projects
- Organizing and managing internal audits and customer visits (and any follow up actions) to promote best practices and ensure alignment with customer expectations.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, technical or business discipline
- Minimum of 5 years in account management
- Semiconductor industry experience preferred.
- An “ownership” mind set where you feel responsible for the success of the customer engagement.
- Experience in the semiconductor industry and understanding of the competitive environment highly desired.
- Experience managing multiple, detailed projects to a successful end while working under tight time deadlines.
- Experience supporting/engaging with the customer on meeting their quality requirements.
- Demonstrated excellence and success with customer relationships, negotiations and problem resolution.
- Demonstrated skills at developing strong relationships and fostering collaboration.
- Familiarity with quality management principles
- Technical aptitude and verbal skills that allows for understanding and communication of technical industry and products information.
- Ability and willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and assignments.
- Experience in a lean based organization modeled after Toyota Production Systems
Benefits: The Watlow Total Compensation Plan
The health, well-being and financial stability of you and your family is a high priority to us.T he Watlow Total Rewards Plan includes competitive compensation and a full range of life and career enhancing benefits :
- Annual Achievement Award
- 401(k) plan that includes a company match on your contribution and an annual company contribution that is tied to company performance
- Onsite wellness clinic
- Wellness incentives
- Employee Personal Assistance Program
- Dental, medical, vision and short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Paid holidays, personal time, and vacation
- Parental leave
Diversity & Inclusion
We proactively embrace diversity in all its dimensions across our company and cultivate a culture of inclusion and forward thinking that respects and reflects each team member’s individual strengths, views, and experiences. Watlow takes pride in being an inclusive equal opportunity employer and considers for employment qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Please let us know confidentially if you need or require any special accommodations to participate in our recruiting process by emailing us at accommodations@Watlow.com .