Seasonal Audio Visual (AV) Assistant
DALY Computers is a system integrator, solution provider, value added reseller, and major service provider focused on serving the IT infrastructure needs of state local governments and education customers. Its mission for the past 36 years is to combine innovative technologies and services to help our clients succeed in their mission goals.
DALY Computers has a great opportunity for students to learn the Audio-Visual trade.
We are seeking motivated individuals looking for seasonal employment. Main duties include removal and installation of Interactive whiteboards and projectors in public schools throughout Anne Arundel County, MD and Prince William County, VA under the guidance of experienced AV Technicians. No AV experience required however, must have experience climbing ladders, using a tape measure, and operating hand tools like a drill. The students will be pulling cable, hanging video displays and speakers.
The working are hours are Monday-Friday. The hours may vary, depending upon customer access requirements. Hours can range between 7:00 am and 11:00 pm. Students may select how many days a week they want to work or if they would like to work full-time hours. Every effort will be made to meet schedules and flexibility.
All candidates must pass a comprehensive criminal background check, drug test, as well as be fully COVID vaccinated upon hire date.
Qualifications & Skills:
· Be able to represent themselves in a professional manner at all times in written and oral communications, dress, and appearance.
· Have a valid driver's license and reliable transportation.
· Be able to perform: routine and repetitive tasks, work easily and skillfully with their hands.
· Good vision either naturally or with correction and distinguish colors.
· Ability to reach for, handle and grasp wires and hand tools.
· Ability to use a screwdriver and drill (equipment provided).
· Lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
· Ability to bend, stand, crouch, climb ladders, walk unassisted, and work in small, tight places.
· Have a strong technical and problem-solving aptitude.
· Able to take verbal and written direction and follow instructions from others.