Axle is seeking a highly ambitious, adaptable, structured, and detail-orientedScientific Program Manager to join our vibrant team at the National Institutes of Health (NIH), National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), Division of Clinical Research (DCR), Office of the Director (OD).
- Gain and maintain a comprehensive understanding to ACTIV3 protocol and, as requested, other COVID-19 protocols
- Identify and obtain resources needed to establish and maintain DCRs International Coordinating Center as high-functioning and capable of meeting and exceeding the INSIGHT requirements for its ICCs
- Provide senior level oversight of the work of the DCR ICC team including setting deadlines. Identify and resolve barriers to task completion.
- Provide assistance and guidance to executive level management
- Provide recommendations to DCR leadership for decisions / actions related to the DCR ICC
- Assist with the development and implementation of ICC operational framework including processes,
- leveraging existing INSIGHT ICC procedures and processes whenever possible and appropriate.
- Assist with the development and implementation of the strategy for coordination of clinical trial
- operations in concordance with NIAID DCR leadership.
- Ensure adequate resources are available for the following areas of trial management:
- Human subjects protection
- Regulatory adherence
- Support sites that are conducting or are interested in conducting the trial(s) in identifying and
- resolving gaps in staffing.
- Review enrollment and determine areas of need
- Develop strategies to increase enrollment
- Develop strategies to optimize site participation and adherence to protocols
- Liaise with other agencies and organizations when necessary
- Liaise with consultant groups to optimize performance
- Support DCR in identifying potential sites for participation in the trial(s)
- Participate in engagement with, and addition of, new sites
- Develop and implement standard operation procedures for trial implementation
- Participate in clinical trial agreement negotiations and discussions with sites and networks
- Participate in the Quality Assurance/Quality Control processes
- Prepare reports for DCR leadership as requested
- Assist with developing budgets and monitoring costs
Experience Required / Requirements
- Masters degree in related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of twenty (20) years experience in related field
- Expertise in management and operations
- Expertise in the fundamentals of clinical trials
- Experience with IRB and FDA requirements
- Experience in clinical research setting with protocols and clinical trials
- Excellent writing skills
- The position will involve frequent interaction between NIAID Federal and other contract staff,and sites interested in, or engaged in ACTIV3 or other NIAID COVID-19 clinical trials. Interactions include activities that require continuity, a high level of collaborative problem solving, and time-sensitive decision making.
- Candidates shall be required to handle proprietary information in the strictest confidence and shall be bound by the same terms as the Government in this respect.
- Candidates shall ensure representation in all required conference/video calls as a critical communication platform for all aspects of the program.
- Fluent in English; Spanish and other languages are a plus.
The diversity of Axles employees is a tremendous asset. We are firmly committed to providing equal opportunity in all aspects of employment and will not tolerate any illegal discrimination or harassment-based age, race, gender, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, covered veteran status, sexual orientation, status with respect to public assistance, and other characteristics protected under state, federal, or local law and to deter those who aid, abet, or induce discrimination or coerce others to discriminate.
Accessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the employment process please contact:
Disclaimer: The above description is meant to illustrate the general nature of work and level of effort being performed by individuals assigned to this position or job description. This is not restricted as a complete list of all skills, responsibilities, duties, and/or assignments required. Individuals may be required to perform duties outside of their position, job description or responsibilities as needed.