The Sales Account Executive markets Pearl Technology and its Data Center solutions to potential clients, while maintaining and increasing existing client sales. The AE in this role will manage current customer expectations and finds new ways to exceed them through consultative selling.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop sales opportunities by researching and identifying potential accounts; proactively develop new relationships with prospective clients throughout assigned territory by prospecting, cold calling, and qualifying new business opportunities.
- Represent Pearl Technology at networking and community events and trade shows.
- Collaborate with clients and potential clients to effectively communicate Data Center technology, storage, virtualization, networking, and air gap solutions.
- Ability to successfully engage and drive closure of new clients over a long sales cycle and demonstrate the Pearl Technology value proposition throughout.
- Challenge the potential client’s status quo through a deep understanding of Data Center regulations, and compliance requirements to exceed the needs of the client.
- Prepare and present sales presentations to clients and prospective clients.
- Present new technology solutions, services, capabilities, and business changes to clients in order to enhance their business model.
- Understand and decipher between a client’s need versus a want; craft the best solution that within limited time constraints in order to meet their needs.
- Assist with developing marketing strategies, hosting customer events, and collaborating on marketing materials.
- Obtain sales certifications from vendors to better represent their products and services.
- Work with vendors to plan and conduct campaigns for their products and services.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, marketing, computer science or related field.
- 2+ years of professional sales experience selling services and solutions for Audiovisual, Cybersecurity, and IT (Managed Services, Application Development, Data Center, Staffing).
- 2+ years of account management and customer service experience including a demonstrable book of business for relevant clients/customers.
- Technical aptitude and the ability to understand and apply while conversing with technical and non-technical coworkers, clients, and prospective clients.
- Ability to travel by car or airplane; extensive travel required up to 50% of the time; occasional overnight travel is required.
Certifications and Licenses:
- Product sales certifications and technical certifications desired such as Cisco, Aruba, Palo Alto, etc.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a record of safe driving.