Oak Creek WI, United States WaterStone BankFull time
- * Retail Banking Specialist**
- *Job Category****:** Retail Branch Banking **Requisition Number****:** RETAI001293 Showing 1 location **Job Details**
- *Duties and responsibilities**
- Oversee the content of new employee onboarding for all Retail Banking positions and coordinate onboarding locations
- Train Retail Branch Banking employees on day to day transactions, the opening of new accounts, customer experience exceptions, regulatory and compliance and operational integrity.
- Maintain knowledge on IRS regulatory changes on IRA investment to be the SME resource for IRAs for the business line.
- Own content, training materials and train IRA accounts
- Assist with procedure creation and maintenance and recommend changes as needed
- May fill in as a Retail Branch employee as needed.
- Contribute to the sales goals and growth of the branch by actively promoting bank products and services to generate qualified referrals.
- Maintain knowledge of WSBs core processing system, WSB products and services, WSB policies and procedures, and regulatory requirements governing retail deposit accounts.
- Accurately complete IRS reporting for all branch locations decedent processing.
- Accurately complete all 1099 IRS reporting corrections.
- Keep abreast of industry trends, standards and external factors that may affect the bank.
- Other duties as assigned
- 2+ years sales experience in a goals based environment
- 2 - 4 years customer service experience
- 0 - 1 years of training experience
- Banker Sales Certification
- 3 5 years of sales and customer service experience in a sales and goals based environment
- 1 2 years of training experience
- Banker certification
- High School Diploma or general education degree (GED)
- *Working conditions**
Additionally, an individual must be flexible in work schedule and have the ability to travel between office locations if warranted and provide proof of insurance.
- *Physical requirements**
- *Physical Demands**: The physical demands described here represent those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential job roles. Reasonable accommodations may be made enabling individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to walk; stand; and stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.Additional Physical Demands:
**Work Environment:** The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made enabling individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.The work environment is a professional office environment where a conservative business dress code is in effect. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.Additional work environment characteristics:
- *LANGUAGE SKILLS**: Good grammar and diction. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- *MATHEMATICAL SKILLS**: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
- *CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS**: Ability to meet the (internal) customer service excellence core competency which includes maintaining a good attitude, taking ownership of meeting customer needs, going the extra mile for customers, demonstrating a commitment to sharpening skills through education and training, using positive communication, and looking for opportunities to respect customers time and scheduled.
- *REASONING ABILITY**: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- *Certifications, Licenses, Registration**
Banker Certification**Direct reports**Direct Reports 0Indirect Reports 0
- *Licenses & Certifications**