Why Join UsAre you looking for a new opportunity to make an impact in the lives of students? Join us at SESI Schools, where we are proving what is possible for students with unique needs. We offer a generous benefits package including:
- Salary range $48,000 - $54,000 based on experience and credential status.
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits including medical, dental, and vision
- Employer-paid life insurance
- 401(k) plan with employer matching
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $2,625
- Other great benefits like Flexible Spending Account, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Mental Health Support, and Pet Insurance
- Continued training, mentorship, and opportunities for growth
The Special Education Teacher will diagnose learning skill deficits, deliver high quality instruction and curriculum as provided by SESI, and collaborate with both school personnel and families to provide services to students. Our teachers and staff provide individualized academic and behavioral interventions with an innovative learning approach, personalized attention, and all the necessary support services students need to thrive.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following. Other duties as assigned.
- Teach the knowledge and skills, nurture the confidence and character, and meet the needs of all students by utilizing SESI instructional models, strategies, and curriculum
- Develop and maintain individualized skill-appropriate lesson plans
- Utilize school’s behavior management and intervention strategies including but not limited to de-escalation techniques, crisis management, and physical restraint when necessary to maintain the safety of students and staff
- Establish and maintain student forms and files as required by SESI, local, state, and/or federal agencies including but not limited to: Individualized Education Plans (IEPs), Behavior Intervention Plans, Incident Reports, High Risk Evaluation Forms, etc.
- Drive, record, and track student growth and progress towards academic, social, and emotional goals
- Supervise students and ensure they are always monitored, including to and from appropriate locations within the school
- Light lifting, walking, and/or climbing stairs may be required
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution of higher learning required
- Commitment to learning and implementing feedback
- Ability to adapt and remain flexible
Programming at Sierra School of Joaquin is designed to meet the unique academic and social-emotional learning needs of each individual student. All students are encouraged, nurtured, respected, and supported in achieving their full potential in an enriching, positive environment. Students are placed in an appropriate classroom conducive to their learning style and needs.
Specialized Education Services, Inc. (SESI), a division of FullBloom, is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation/gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.