CDS Monarch is a world-class organization that provides opportunities for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities to lead independent and fulfilling lives in their community.
At CDS Monarch we value our Employees by offering:
- Paid time off for Full and Part Time Employees (including your Birthday!), Vacation time, Personal time and Sick Time Accruals, Paid Holidays
- Affordable health care coverage including health, dental, vision, starting as low as $10.00/month
- We invest in your Health! Get paid to stay healthy through our Employee Wellness Program.
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Generous Employee referral program
- So much more! Apply to find out more information
Schedule: Monday-Friday: 8:00am-4:00pm.
OVERVIEW: Serves as an advocate of each resident by assuring all needs are met and rights protected within the residence. Provides supervision, assistance, and training of Direct Care staff as assigned.
- Assigns Residence Counselor for the role of Advocate and assures that the Advocate responsibilities are met for those individuals.
- Coordinates with assigned LPN health care and other appointments for the individual and transports as necessary.
- Assures that instructions are followed as ordered by Physician and other treatment personnel.
- Coordinates the administration of medications in accordance with the Agency medication policy.
- Serves as the designated on-site supervisor for the individual's financial accounts and spending. Completes all necessary to obtain and maintain each resident's personal income. (SSI, SSA, etc.)
- Assures the maintenance of up-to-date records on each individual to include, but not limited to, flow sheets, behavior data sheets, program travel logs, progress data reports, Residential Habilitation Plans and attendance records, CMCM, and Title 14 Part 671 of the Mental Health Law.
- Participate in the planning and development of each individual's personal futures plan.
- Assures emergency back up in case of absence of regular and relief staff.
- Maintains staffing schedules.
- Coordinates time off authorization and verifies time sheets.
- Conducts quality assurance review of systems and staff.
- Provides performance appraisals of all staff by way of direct supervision and monthly meetings to assure conformity for all services rendered. Coordinates and assures all required training.
- Screens and interviews applicants for the residence positions, submit recommendations.
- Plans and facilitates team meetings with Service Coordinator to evaluate and promote effective service delivery.
- Participates in all individual movement, including referrals, admissions, placement, discharge as well as re-determination of all individual funds.
- Assures home maintenance is complete. This may include coordination with Agency Maintenance Department or securing outside bids and services as assigned.
- Assures individuals' nurturing needs are met. This includes, but not limited to, grocery shopping and menu planning.
- Performs/assures household tasks that include but are not limited to, meal preparation, cleaning, laundry, vehicle maintenance, clothing repair, and shopping.
- Acts as administrator on duty for the Residential Program on a rotating basis.
ESSENTIAL ACADEMIC AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree in Education, Social Work, Psychology, or Human Services related field with at least one year experience with MRDD or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must possess a valid NYS driver's license.
- Must have reliable vehicle to transport service recipients.
- Must have the ability to read, analyze, present information to groups, and solve practical problems.
All experience and education requirements, except when required by federal, state, or local laws or requirements, may be waived at the discretion of management with the approval of the Program Vice President in collaboration with Human Resources.
- Adhere to all CDS Monarch policies and procedures.
- Adhere to the Agency Mission, Vision, Shared Values, and Customer Service Standards.
- Attend mandatory Education and Training modules as scheduled, obtains, and maintains required certifications.
- Act as a professional representative of CDS Monarch in regards to appearance, behavior, temperament, communication, language, and dress.
- Perform all other duties relevant to the position as assigned by supervisor.
CDS Monarch, a CDS Life Transitions Company, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Minority, Female, Disability, Veteran