At Labcorp, we believe in the power of science to change lives. We are a leading global life sciences company that delivers answers for crucial health questions —because we know that knowledge has the potential to make life better for all. Through our unparalleled diagnostics and drug development capabilities, we provide insights and accelerate innovations that not only empower patients and providers but help medical, biotech, and pharmaceutical companies transform ideas into innovations. Here, you can join our more than 70,000 employees, serving clients in more than 100 countries, as we work together to make a real impact on people’s lives. Join us in our pursuit of answers.
Advancing healthcare from the laboratory through the clinic requires many different strengths, experiences and perspectives of our exceptional people around the world. Explore our wide range of diverse opportunities and rewarding career pathways and see how you can work with an energizing purpose to discover your extraordinary potential.
Global Internship Program
Exciting opportunity to be part of the Labcorp 2023 Global Internship Program as a Research & Development Intern!
As a Labcorp intern, you will have the opportunity to support meaningful assignments that compliment an education in STEM+ Business and Healthcare disciplines, and are inspiring and valuable in our mission to improve health and improve lives across the globe. In addition to department work, we support your professional development and career exploration through program workshops, leadership speakers, employee resource group introductions, new hire panel discussions and small group ‘coffee chats’.
Capitalize on a dedicated training and development program that will support your scientific and professional career aspirations, and take pride in delivering work that helps save the lives of millions of people around the world.
About The Team
- The R&D team in San Diego, CA is dedicated to the development and commercialization of laboratory-developed tests (LDTs) which improve healthcare by providing revolutionary genomic analysis solutions for the clinical research and molecular diagnostic markets. In collaboration with the Bioinformatics and Clinical Laboratory teams, we develop the biochemistry, automation, analysis and quality control of novel genetic tests as well as support workflow and quality improvements to existing tests.
- Work under the guidance of a Senior Scientist on a project to support the development and/or optimization of an LDT.
- Assist in the planning and execution of experiments using a variety of molecular biology techniques including, but not limited to: PCR, digital PCR and next-generation sequencing.
- Analyze data using software, such as Excel or JMP
- Document all experimental details and results in a lab notebook or in online tracking sheets.
- Present results clearly and concisely at departmental meetings.
- Must be ≥18 years old and working towards a Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Chemistry or a related field.
- One+ year of hands-on molecular biology laboratory experience.
- Ideal characteristics: detail-oriented, collaborative, curious and eager to learn.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our Privacy Statement (https://www.labcorp.com/hipaa-privacy/web-privacy-policy) .