The Report Writer will be responsible for the day-to-day development of SSRS and SQL reports. This role will create reports with a data interface as well as automating excel reports.
This is a fantastic opportunity to apply an analytics background in helping to guide our company to smart long-term decisions. To be successful in this role and to grow within the company, the ideal candidate should be a passionate, driven, results-oriented individual. As this is a high visibility and high impact position, you will have regular exposure to top management.
- Interact with the development team to identify data needs and potential issues as well as help design and implement SQL queries and reports
- Participate in team meetings to plan, review and design solutions to Businesss needs.
- Provide ad hoc reports for department heads.
- Promote and adhere to company database standards for security, coding, templates, connectivity and source control.
- Expertise in programming complex SQL queries, SSRS, stored procedures, views, user-defined functions, and triggers.
- All other projects as assigned
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelors degree
- 1-3 years experience in the technology realm
- Prior experience using information from the tools provided with SQL Server like Query Analyzer, Enterprise Manager, Client & Server Network
- 1-3 years experience with SQL 2005/2008/2012 developing stored procedures, views, and functions.
- 1-2 years experience with MS SSRS
- 1-2 years experience with MS SSIS
- Knowledge of Excel and VBA
- Experience automating reports
Some additional factors you need to be successful in the role:
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint skills, and Microsoft SQL server.
- Advanced Excel skills a must (e.g. macros, v-lookups, pivot tables, and other advanced formulas).
- Experience with PowerPivot highly preferred.
- Familiarity with Optimove marketing software a plus.