- Sign on bonus: N/A
- Position: Registered Nurse, Vascular Access Team
- Location: Skokie, IL
- Full Time: 40 hours/week
- Hours: Monday-Friday, [hours and flexible work schedules]
- Required Travel: N/A
A Brief Overview:
The Staff Nurse will deliver safe and compassionate nursing care for all patient populations by planning, implementing, and evaluating the patient plan of care. The Staff Nurse will collaborates with nurses, physicians, and other members of the clinical team to ensure optimal patient outcomes and continuity of care.
What you will need:
- At least one year of experience as a staff nurse.
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing.
- Demonstrates mastery of nursing skills.
- Communicates effectively and is able to guide and supervise nursing personnel.
- Current Illinois Nursing licensure
- American Heart Association CPR
- Experience as a Vascular Access Nurse preferred
- Training to include use of ultrasound guide equipment and certification in placement of PICC and Medline catheters.
As an experienced practitioner, the Staff Nurse Level II is accountable for providing high quality, individualized, goal directed care for all levels of patients and their families in accordance with the philosophy of the Division of Nursing.
Demonstrates a commitment to the mission of Swedish Hospital, exhibits a service orientation and adheres to all responsibilities and standards of the hospital.
1. Utilizes the nursing process to assess, diagnosis, plan, implement and evaluate the delivery of nursing care to patients and their families.
2. Maintains competency reflective of current standards practice.
3. Interacts and contributes to the professional development of peers and colleagues.
4. Integrates ethical provisions in all areas of nursing practice.
5. Integrates evidence-based practice and research findings into nursing practice.
6. Recognizes and adjusts to situations that vary from the norm.
7. Promotes safety measures to prevent patient and staff injuries.
8. Guides and supervises staff in the provision of patient care.
9. Enhances own professional growth and development.
10. Maintains a safe therapeutic working environment and recognizes need for action in emergency situations.
11. Documentation is thoroughly and timely completed
Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
PATIENT CARE/AGE SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Staff Nurses working in specialty areas possess a knowledge of procedures specific to that patient population including age specific needs. Level II nurses are encouraged and supported to obtain specialty certification.
Committee membership and participation
INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL CONTACTS
Patients and their families and significant others, Division of Nursing Staff, Medical Staff, and other hospital personnel.
ACCESS TO PROTECTED HEALTH INFORMATION
Computer system access for the Nursing Division is assigned based on criteria and on the minimum necessary as described in this job description. Approval for level of access is given by the system administrator (for Nursing Division, this is Nursing Informatics) or the department that has ownership of system/module.
- May be in an upright position and moving about most of the working time.
- May lift heavy objects.
- Use of computer.
- Potential for exposure to chemicals, airborne diseases, blood and bodily fluids.
- Risk of injury by violent patient.
- Career Pathways to Promote Professional Growth and Development
- Various Medical, Dental, and Vision options, including Domestic Partner Coverage
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Free Parking at designated locations
- Wellness Program Savings Plan
- Health Savings Account Options
- Retirement Options with Company Match
- Paid Time Off and Holiday Pay
- Community Involvement Opportunities
Endeavor Health is a fully integrated healthcare delivery system committed to providing access to quality, vibrant, community-connected care, serving an area of more than 4.2 million residents across six northeast Illinois counties. Our more than 25,000 team members and more than 6,000 physicians aim to deliver transformative patient experiences and expert care close to home across more than 300 ambulatory locations and eight acute care hospitals – Edward (Naperville), Elmhurst, Evanston, Glenbrook (Glenview), Highland Park, Northwest Community (Arlington Heights) Skokie and Swedish (Chicago) – all recognized as Magnet hospitals for nursing excellence. For more information, visit
When you work for Endeavor Health, you will be part of an organization that encourages its employees to achieve career goals and maximize their professional potential.
Please explore our website (
) to better understand how Endeavor Health delivers on its mission to “help everyone in our communities be their best”.
Endeavor Health is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. Please refer to the main career page for more information.
Diversity, equity and inclusion is at the core of who we are; being there for our patients and each other with compassion, respect and empathy. We believe that our strength resides in our differences and in connecting our best to provide community-connected healthcare for all.
EOE: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets, VEVRRA Federal Contractor.