Are you looking for an opportunity to move your career forward with an established industry leader? Join our team at Ceco Concrete Construction! Ceco Concrete Construction LLC is one of the nation's largest concrete subcontractors. Ceco was founded in 1912 and has more than 100 years of experience serving the commercial construction markets, partnering with our clients to provide value to projects of varying scope and complexity.
- Conducts periodic on-site safety inspections, analyzing work practices to determine safe and efficient methods of performing work.
- Determines corrective or preventative means and methods where indicated and follows up to ensure they have been implemented.
- Documents information in relevant reports and analyzes data to make control and improvement recommendation(s).
- Partners with local office management and project teams in identifying potential safety issues and setting direction affecting overall safety performance for an assigned operating unit or company.
- Oversees a Region's injury and claims management as needed to include, but not limited to; developing injury / illness treatment protocol; staying abreast of latest status of injuries and claims and management of OSHA record keeping.
- Ensures all safety policies and procedures comply with local, state, and federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) rules and regulations.
- Responsible for defense against OSHA citations.
- Completes and files Notice of Contest and represents the company in all safety and health inspections conducted by OSHA.
- Oversees and helps coordinate the Region's delivery of training programs for managers, supervisors and field employees when required and develops new training programs as needed.
- Performs special projects and completes all other duties as assigned or requested for the general support of the organization.
- Reports directly to and maintains open communication with a Regional Safety Director.
- Bachelor's degree in Occupational Safety and Health, related degree, or has equivalent combination of education and/or work experience, plus five years of experience in the administration of safety and risk management programs or occupational safety and health programs supporting similar key responsibilities.
- Experience in high rise structural concrete construction preferred.
- Familiarity with construction safety work rules contained in Supervisor Safety Manuals as well as OSHA Part 1910 and 1926 regulations.
- Understanding of state Workers Compensation laws and reporting requirements.
- Significant knowledge in Loss Control and Claims Management acquired through documented hands-on experience.
- Intermediate PC skills with experience in Microsoft office products such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook are required.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to present ideas clearly verbally and in writing.
- Ability to travel up to 60% or based on business necessity
- CSP, a plus.
What we can offer you:
- Inclusive Medical, Dental, Vision, Accident, and Illness insurance
- Company paid Disability and Life insurance
- Health Savings Account contribution of up to $1,000 per year
- 401(k) retirement savings program with a company match
- Employee Assistance Program including discounts with major vendors & products
- Mental and physical wellness programs
- Competitive time off package including vacation, sick, and holiday pay
- Career advancement opportunities with a stable well-established organization
- Tuition reimbursement program and access to LinkedIn Learning courses
Applications submitted without a resume will not be considered.
Ceco Concrete Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Qualified candidates will be considered without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity.