Hendrick Motorsports, a leading NASCAR Motorsports operation, is currently seeking an experienced, highly motivated Race Engineer. The candidate should have extensive knowledge of designing, developing and improving automotive racing components and systems of the vehicle to provide maximum vehicle function. The ideal candidate would have experience in understanding new designs and implementing and improving vehicle performance. The position requires strong attention to detail, excellent communication, flexible work schedule, and a strong understanding of related vehicle dynamics and race related performance engineering principles. The candidate will be responsible for managing various projects related to design and performance of race related components and systems, support trackside testing, and assist in the race car setup, testing and analysis. The candidate must have the capability to alter or modify designs to obtain specified functional and operational performance.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Responsible for managing various projects related to design and performance of race car related components and systems.
- Responsible for supporting trackside testing and racing.
- Responsible for collecting and interpreting data and providing recommendations.
- Responsible for utilizing engineering principles to enhance vehicle design and performance.
- Assists in the car setup, testing and analysis as needed.
- Alters and modifies designs to obtain specified functional and operational performance.
- Responsible for simulation, statistical data, and fuel mileage
- Accountability - Accept responsibility and account for his/her own actions.
- Accuracy - Perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Analytical Skills - Possess critical thinking and reasoning skills to solve a problem.
- Communication, Verbal - Ability to communicate effectively with others verbally.
- Communication, Written - Demonstrates an ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Coordination - Adjusting actions in relation to others actions.
- Detail Oriented - Pays attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Organized - Demonstrates being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Decision Making - Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
- Adaptability - Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
- Deductive Reasoning - Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
- Safety Awareness - Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
- Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Technical Aptitude - Ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Education: Bachelor's Degree (four-year college or technical school): Required
- Experience: Minimum 2 years’ experience in a related Race Engineering position. Prior race experience is required.
- Computer Skills: Advanced computer skills. Experience with Engineering software, such as MATLAB, Simulink, etc. preferred.
- Other Requirements: Mechanical Engineering or related degree preferred. Strong attention to detail, excellent communication skills, flexible work schedule and a strong understanding of vehicle dynamics and race related performance engineering principles required. Must be able to travel extensively. Must be a team player, be able to work a flexible schedule and have a high level of integrity.
Please no referrals from professional recruiting agencies.
Please no phone calls, emails or in-person visits. All applicants must apply via www.hendrickmotorsports.com.
Hendrick is an Equal Opportunity employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information regarding the EEOC, please visit