Purpose of the Position: Inspection for all operations/manufacturing related areas primarily focused on Fabrication.
Essential job functions:
- Receiving Inspection, In-Process Inspection and Final Inspection for all fabrication related parts, products and assemblies.
- Visual as well as documented inspection using calipers, tapes, depth gage and other portable tools for optimal measurements are necessary.
- Recording inspection data on the appropriate ACSI Inspection Reporting system including documentation of the Non-conforming process (should it be needed).
- Review Material Test Reports (MTR) for incoming steel ,tubing and other raw materials from vendors and sub-contractors as necessary but not limited to the following:
- Verify material size, specification, grade, chemical composition and mechanical properties in accordance with the purchase order.
- Initial and date the MTR and file it as per official system.
Secondary job functions:
- Replace or assist other workers as needed
- Perform other tasks as assigned by supervisor or manager.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Read & Understand: tape measure, calipers, Engineering Drawings, weld symbols and general shop testing equipment
- Visual weld inspection
- Basic PC skills
Hours: (Mon-Thur) 7:00 - 5:30 (additional hours as needed) Week: 40 Sitting: 5% Standing/ Walking: 95%
- Weather: Hot & Cold.
- Outside and Plant environment/Plant is not A/C. Dust.
- Bending, standing and sitting
Performance Standards: criteria for evaluation in this position/measurement.
- The ability to communicate effectively with and work with other personnel and customers.
- Ability to perform work according to routine, while maintaining standards of performance.
- Proper operation of equipment.
- Proper discharge of duties by the inspector will be measured, in part, by the degree of efficiency of performance, as measured through visual observation and periodic verification.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro