This is an environment unlike anythingin the high-tech world and the secret of Costco's success is its culture. The value Costco puts on its employees is well documented in articles from a variety of publishers including Bloomberg and Forbes. Our employees and our members come FIRST. Costco is well known for its generosity and community service and has won many awards for its philanthropy. The company joins with its employees to take an active role in volunteering by sponsoring many opportunities to help others. In 2021, Costco contributed over $58 million to organizations such as United Way and Children's Miracle Network Hospitals.
Costco IT is responsible for the technical future of Costco Wholesale, the third largest retailer in the world with wholesale operations in fourteen countries. Despite our size and explosive international expansion, we continue to provide a family, employee centric atmosphere in which our employees thrive and succeed. As proof, Costco ranks seventh in Forbes "World's Best Employers".
Costco IT is seeking an individual to join our Timekeeping and Scheduling department to fill the role of Kronos Quality Engineer. The Quality Engineer will be responsible for the validation of functional and nonfunctional requirements implemented by the Timekeeping and Scheduling Team. This role will be responsible for decomposing the functional and technical requirements created by Product Owners and Systems Analysts into test scripts. The Quality Engineer will raise defects as issues are identified and support the remediation process with teams. This individual will be responsible for making these processes more efficient through adapting the best toolset, taking an innovative approach, and increasing speed and reliability.
If you want to be a part of one of the worldwide BEST companies "to work for", simply apply and let your career be reimagined.
• Defines the testing strategy and approach to validate new or enhanced functionality implemented by teams.
• Collaborates with team members to decompose functional and nonfunctional requirements into test scripts and scenarios.
• Determines test dependencies including QA test environment, QA tools, training, build and deployment plans, intra-team dependencies, and communication processes.
• Creates and executes manual and automated test scripts to validate the acceptance criteria defined within the epics and user stories implemented by team members.
• Develops manual test cases for all functional and non-functional requirements and collaborates with development team members to identify candidates for test case automation.
• Identifies risks impacting the timely delivery of a given product and collaborates with team members to prepare mitigation strategies.
• Creates and executes smoke, functional, integration, and non-functional test scripts as part of the product / application delivery lifecycle.
• Collaborates with team members to investigate the root cause of failed manual or automated test scripts.
• Creates defects with detailed information pertaining to the failed test case / scenario with supporting documentation (screenshots, environment details, log files, etc.).
• Collaborates with team members to identify existing manual and automated test scripts that will be impacted through the development of new features and capabilities.
• Shares feedback with the team members pertaining to the quality of sprint deliverables during retrospectives.
• Manages the remediation of defects raised throughout the development lifecycle and creates supporting quality reports that are shared with stakeholders.
• Collaborates with product team members (e.g., Product Owners, System Analysts) to define the automating testing approach / strategy for a given product / application.
• Develops testing protocols and standards to improve end-to-end testing outcomes and shares and adopts best practices with the center of excellence (CoE) and other Quality Engineers.
• Creates test data to support the execution of functional and nonfunctional testing activities Develops and executes automated test scripts to accelerate team velocity through the reduction of manual testing efforts.
• Maintains the automated testing suite and accompanying framework for a given product.
• Collaborates with team members (e.g., DevOps Engineers, Systems Architects) to incorporate new automated test scripts into the continuous integration pipeline.
• Shares test automation practices with engineers to promote "shift left" testing disciplines and practices (incorporate testing earlier in development) within a team.
• Minimum 3 years' software quality assurance experience with the Kronos Product.
• Minimum 3 years' hands-on experience using industry standard software QA tools, preferably HP-ALM.
• Minimum 3 years' experience working in an Agile environment.
• Minimum 3 years' experience working with Software Quality Assurance methodologies and processes.
• Minimum 2 years' experience with Oracle or MS SQL Server or DB2 and the ability to write SQL queries using table joins.
• Minimum 2 years' experience using Automation tools like Ranorex, Jenkins, Selenium, Saucelabs, etc.
• Ability to digest and understand complex and/or ambiguous user requirements and construct test cases to validate them.
• Strong knowledge of SDLC and SQA methodology as well as experience testing on Agile or DevOps teams.
• Excellent troubleshooting, analytical, and problem solving skills.
• Solid understanding of build tools and software configuration management standards.
• Knowledge of and experience using Visual Studio and GIT.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Ability to work within a team environment.
• Communicates technical issues clearly in written and oral forms.
• Ability to multitask in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
• Detail-oriented and capable of working in an environment with changing priorities.
• Strong work ethic, positive attitude and excellent collaboration skills.
• Degree in computer science or related technical field preferred.
• Experience with automation for test, integration, and build/release.
• SQA experience working within an iterative development framework.
• Knowledge and experience with XML, web-based services.
• Working knowledge of HP ALM and Google Suite.
• Familiarity working with Vendors for QA testing, defect management, and troubleshooting.
• Analytical thinker possessing strong problem solving and decision making skills.
• Scheduling flexibility to meet the needs of the business, including evenings and weekends.
• Cover Letter
California applicants, please click here to review the Costco Applicant Privacy Notice.
Level 2 - $102,500 - $132,500,
Level 3 - $120,000 - $155,000
We offer a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off, health benefits - medical/dental/vision/hearing aid/pharmacy/behavioral health/employee assistance, health care reimbursement account, dependent care assistance plan, commuter benefits, short-term disability and long-term disability insurance, AD&D insurance, life insurance, 401(k), stock purchase plan, SmartDollar financial wellness program, to eligible employees.
Costco is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Costco is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or any other legally protected status. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to IT-Recruiting@costco.com
If hired, you will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the United States. In some cases, applicants and employees for selected positions will not be sponsored for work authorization, including, but not limited to H1-B visas.