What you'll do...
The Walmart Dairy Plant in Fort Wayne, IN is one of the largest Milk Processing Plants in the United States. We provide our customers with the freshest, high quality milk at everyday low prices for families. We are seeking to hire an experienced Quality Control Technician.
Walmart is a workplace that values service, integrity, excellence, and respect. Walmart offers a very competitive salary and comprehensive benefit package. Position starts at $21.05 and is eligible for a $0.50 pay progression every 6 months up to 2 years.
Maintains highest standards of quality and food safety by monitoring, testing, recording, and reacting on data pertaining to products/production and processes/quality (for example, Critical Control Point, Key Performance Indexes); verifying raw materials and finished products are in compliance with federal, state, and company specifications; producing accurate results while multi-tasking in a fast paced work environment; anticipating problems or conflicts; and maintaining a proactive approach to business.
Maintains knowledge of laboratory functions (for example, operations, calibration, maintenance, troubleshooting, repair) by cross-training within Food Safety / QA department (for example, MSS Validation Coordinator, Sanitation Specialist, Quality Systems Specialist, Micro Technician); and sustaining a calibration program for instruments and equipment in the plant.
Utilizes continuous improvement mindset by assisting to identify and correct opportunities to improve processes; conducting statistical process control and root cause analysis; and participating in projects that promote continuous improvement methodologies. Completes work assignments and priorities by using policies, data, and resources; collaborating with managers, co-workers, customers, and other business partners; identifying priorities, deadlines, and expectations; carrying out tasks; communicating progress and information; determining and recommending ways to address improvement opportunities; and adapting to and learning from change, difficulties, and feedback. Complies with company policies, procedures, and standards of ethics and integrity by implementing related action plans; using the Open Door Policy; and applying these in executing business processes and practices.
Live our Values - Culture Champion
• Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself accountable; and supports Walmart's commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
• Is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent.
Embrace Change - Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; supports innovation and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
• Implements and supports continuous improvements and willingly embraces new digital tools and ways of working.
Deliver for the Customer - Customer Focus
• Delivers results while putting the customer first and applying an omnimerchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
• Adopts a broad perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans.
Focus on our Associates - Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Embraces diversity in all its forms and actively supports diversity of ideas and perspectives, as well as diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively to achieve objectives; communicates with
impact to a range of audiences; and demonstrates energy and positivity for own work.
• Contributes to an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, demonstrates engagement and commitment to the team, and recognizes others' contributions and accomplishments.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Minimum Qualifications:2 years' experience in clerical related responsibilities (for example, filing, data entry) and computer applications (for example, email, spreadsheets, Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, Visio).
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Bachelors: Biology, Bachelors: Science
2150 W PLEASANT CENTER ROAD, FORT WAYNE, IN 46819-0000, United States of America