Are you a TIU student looking for an on-campus job, or do you just need some part-time hours? Apply here!
Creative Dining Services at Trinity International University is looking for a part-time Dining Hall Attendant. This position helps during mealtimes, including the actual working of coffee breaks, receptions, and meals (set-up, service, and clean-up).
- Sets up, serves and cleans up dining room as directed.
- Interacts with guests and customers at events with professionalism, service and grace, upholding the customer service expectations of CDS and the client/account.
- Ensures all dishes, utensils, and other equipment from the storeroom are clean and properly returned to their correct place. Ensures proper lock-up procedures are followed and enforced.
- Provides customer feedback to Dining Services Supervisor / Director as it is received, including both positive and negative remarks.
- Assists Dining Services Supervisor / Director as directed to complete weekly and monthly inventories to ensure accurate equipment control and distribution and reports any needed maintenance. Also reports any supplies as needed.
- Completes additional tasks requested by the Dining Services Supervisor / Director.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
The position of Dining Room staff involves physical work in a commercial kitchen, meeting room, banquet/ dining room, or occasional outdoor environment. Must be able to transport food, beverage, and serving related items to serving tables or guest tables. Set up and cleanup of decorations, guest tables, and serving tables is required. Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
Methods to perform essential job functions will be reasonably accommodated to allow individuals with disabilities to perform them.
Education - Skills - Expectations
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- 1 year minimum experience with foodservice and catering preferred.
Must possess a positive, can-do attitude, be detail-oriented, and possess a well-rounded knowledge of the foodservice industry. Must maintain professionalism at all times, and work with others in a cooperative manner, even while working under pressure. Willing to engage actively in the physical work of a high-quality hospitality service operation. As a representative of Creative Dining Services, must function in accordance with our corporate Mission, Vision, and Core Values statements.
About Creative Dining Services
Creative Dining Services partners with college, universities, Fortune 100 companies, full-service senior living communities, conference centers and K-12 schools and camps to provide a different kind of hospitality and facility management services experience - one that's fun, innovative, and focused on your community. Why? Because that's how it should be.
Creative Dining Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Veteran-Friendly!