Be unstoppable with us!
T-Mobile is synonymous with innovation–and you could be part of the team that disrupted an entire industry! We reinvented customer service, brought real 5G to the nation, and now we’re shaping the future of technology in wireless and beyond. Our work is as exciting as it is rewarding, so consider the career opportunity below as your invitation to grow with us, make big things happen with us, above all, #BEYOU with us. Together, we won’t stop!
In this position, you will oversee financial budgets, coordinate with General Contractors, and manage the overall construction process. You will also be in charge of organizing schedules and communicating the schedule out to the local field support teams, tracking inventory, and ordering/managing materials. Construction Project Managers supervise construction projects from beginning to end, ensuring that projects are completed within time and budgetary constraints. An understanding of the construction business and the ability to work under deadlines in a fast-paced environment are important for career success. The Construction Project Manager will typically handle 12-15 construction projects at a time at various stages of construction, and will be responsible to accept the retail space from the Landlord, complete fixture punchlist, complete GC punchlist, and turn the completed space over to the local Store Management Team.
Position can be located in Overland Park, Bellevue and Frisco in hybrid to flex resident schedule.
- Compile and plan budget, cost estimates, and other financial estimates
- Develop construction project with architect, LL, GC, and trade workers
- Coordinate, plan, and manage schedules for contractors and subcontractors
- Oversee and supervise construction project progress and provide reports on timeline, progress, and adjustments
- Ensure all legal requirements, building and safety codes, safety inspections, city guidelines, and local and state regulations are met
- Coordinate with Local Field Sales team and communicate timeline expectations and store opening date
- Track individual project budgets to ensure that each project is completed on time and within budget
- Be present for acceptance of the space from the LL, perform fixture punch/50% walk-through, and final punchlist/turnover of the store to local market
- Bachelor's Degree or 5 years experience paired with another degree may be considered. Req
- 3 years experience as a Construction Manager or in a similar position in construction management. Req
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Accurate and precise attention to detail. Able to analyze problems and strategize for better solutions. Req
- In-depth understanding of the construction industry. Req
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently. Self-motivated and self-directed Req
- Able to build solid relationships with team members, vendors, and customers. Req
- Organized and able to create multiple timelines, budgets, and schedules. Req
- Proficient with Microsoft Office; Microsoft Project and experience with Project Management software. Pref
- Knowledge of how local, state, and federal building code regulations work. Pref
Licenses and Certifications:
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Pref
• At least 18 years of age
• Legally authorized to work in the United States
• T-Mobile requires all employees in this position to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless precluded from doing so by applicable law. The CDC currently defines “fully vaccinated” as two weeks after the second dose for Pfizer and Moderna, and two weeks after the single dose of Johnson & Johnson. T-Mobile will require proof of vaccination, and will consider requests for exemption from this requirement during the offer phase (1) as a reasonable accommodation for medical reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs where the accommodation would not cause T-Mobile undue hardship or pose a direct threat to the health and safety of others, or (2) for other reasons under applicable law.
Travel Required (Yes/No):
DOT Regulated Position (Yes/No):No
Safety Sensitive Position (Yes/No):No
Never stop growing!
T-Mobile doesn’t have a corporate ladder–it’s more like a jungle gym of possibilities! We love helping our employees grow in their careers, because it’s that shared drive to aim high that drives our business and our culture forward.
If you’d like to receive more information about careers at T-Mobile, sign up for the T-Mobile Talent Community today! https://www.tmobile.careers/profile/join/
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religious affiliation, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination, retaliation or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with how we do business and will not be tolerated.
Talent comes in all forms at the Un-carrier. If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know by emailing ApplicantAccommodation@t-mobile.com or calling 1-844-873-9500. Please note, this contact channel is not a means to apply for or inquire about a position and we are unable to respond to non-accommodation related requests.