DescriptionThis position is incentive eligible.
Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application for our Program Director opening with HCA Healthcare today and find out what it truly means to be a part of the HCA Healthcare team.Benefits
HCA Healthcare, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
We are seeking a Program Director for our team to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. Did you get into our industry for these reasons? We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply!Job Summary and Qualifications
What makes ITG unique as a technology company is that our solutions ultimately impact the care of patients. Although our skills are needed in a number of industries, we in ITG apply them specifically to the noble cause of healthcare. We are "Healthcare Inspired." It is this guiding vision that pervades and positively influences every level of our organization. It shapes our mission, defines our values, and brings our leaders and employees together in a shared enthusiasm for their work, setting ITG apart as a uniquely purpose-driven company in the IT industry.
HCA Healthcare ITG Project Management Center of Excellence (PMCoE) Directors are responsible for leading an organization of project and program managers who support multi-million dollar project portfolios for specific business units within a line of business. Responsible for ensuring the PMCoE is the premier ITG service provider that is stakeholder centric and leading and delivering world class value as a leader developer, tenacious accelerator and trusted partner committed to the care and improvement of human life.
Drives execution and acceleration of the programs/projects within a business unit.
Leads and develops project management professionals to deliver world class business value as the premier service provider in ITG.
Innovates to create efficiencies around resources, costs, process, automation and tools.
Collaborates with leaders and creates synergies across ITG and HCA as a trusted partner to ensure delivery.
Direct reports to this position may include:
Managers responsible for developing, mentoring and managing project management professionals.
All levels of Project Managers responsible for delivering projects within the portfolio.
Applied to this position, your skills will help transform healthcare through technology and solutions that dramatically improve patient care and business operations.
The following are highlighted entrepreneurial competencies and core expectations for the job/role:
Ownership and Commitment
Communication and Interpersonal Skills
Stakeholder Centricity and Partnership
Technology and Business Acumen
Project and Program Financial Management
Risk and Issue Management and Mitigation
At HCA Healthcare ITG, your deliverables will influence patient care. Every process, technology and decision matters.
- Serves as primary point of contact for an ITG VP/AVP/Director area, serves as escalation point for resolution of project/program issues with other ITG areas and with HCA Healthcare business units.
- Proven ability to develop strong stakeholder partnerships, from line-level to executive suite; builds trust and drives consensus among parties.
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate a motivating environment which brings out the best in people and improves performance of others.
- Exhibits behavior to create a positive environment for the staff, including open, honest communication and a clear path to escalate risks and issues.
- Possesses elicitation skills to incite cooperation from a wide variety of resources, including upper management, clients, and other departments
- Drives team cohesion, diffuses tension among staff or makes project assignment changes, as needed.
- Demonstrates ability to effectively navigate through the HCA Healthcare environment, is sensitive to how people and organizations function, and anticipates potential issues and plans his/her approach accordingly.
- Identifies and drives process improvement and adoption across the department.
- Collaborates with PM CoE leadership to define PM CoE framework and methodology strategy; drives rollout and adoption by staff.
- Ensures that HCA Healthcare’s project management guidelines and standards are followed in determining schedules, allocating resources, and weighing priorities.
- Takes action to resolve issues when escalated. Uses discernment to know when to escalate issues to the appropriate leadership.
- Ensures that financial performance of each project in the portfolio is effectively managed, including actuals-to-budget and projections-to-actuals tracking.
- Drives portfolio prioritization discussions with Product Development and the business as conflicting priorities or resource constraints are encountered.
- Ensures projects are managed by the appropriate resource level as well as matches project requirements with PM responsibilities.
- Monitors overall business unit portfolio health, participates in business unit review meetings and communicates outcomes to leadership.
- Measures team against PM CoE controls and metrics, holds employees accountable for project delivery within defined frameworks.
- Manages all levels of Project Managers in the execution of their responsibilities with the aim of establishing them as leaders of programs and portfolios.
- Enforces accountability within staff, establishes controls and utilizes metrics to measure success.
- Performs personnel actions including hiring, assignment, reviews, recruitment, and termination.
- Collaborates with employees to define individual career development plans and encourages employee to track progress against development plan.
- Coaches and mentors; ensuring project management assignments provide growth opportunities for employees.
- Ensures regular communication occurs with employee, maintains two-way dialogue on work and results; is a clear communicator.
- Displays resiliency and copes with stress, pressures and setbacks in a productive and positive way.
- Use’s one’s network to drive team and individual performance, success, delivery and forge stronger relationships.
What qualifications you will need:
Bachelor’s Degree – Required
Other as Noted: 10 or more years of relevant experience could be considered in lieu of degree.
AREAS OF EXPERIENCE
Knowledge of these areas
Healthcare – Preferred
Field Operations - Preferred
Division PMO Management - Preferred
Project Management - Preferred
Information Technology – Preferred
Microsoft Office experience – Preferred
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
7 or more years - Required
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS & TRAINING
PMP (Project Management Professional) Certification – Preferred
Agile and/or Scrum Certification - Preferred
OTHER SKILLS OR ABILITIES
- Service and Quality Excellence: Passionate ability to role model a positive, can-do attitude that is motivating, inspiring and stakeholder centric and focused. Ability to demonstrate an uncompromising ownership and commitment to delivering exceptional service/excellence for an unmatched value proposition for our stakeholders, clinicians and patients.
- Honor our Mission and Values: Ability to build trust and act with authenticity to cultivate a culture of integrity, diversity and inclusion and mutual respect.
- Effective Decision Making: Ability to make timely, informed decisions that are in the best interest of our HCA Healthcare stakeholders, colleagues, providers, patients and community.
- Attain and Leverage Strategic Relationships: Ability to develop and strengthen collaborative relationships with both internal and external stakeholders to advance the care of our patients and the growth of HCA Healthcare; trusted partner.
- Lead and Develop Others as Servant Leader: Ability to lead others to accomplish organizational goals and objective. Ability to serve as a talent and leader developer who can provide meaningful coaching and mentoring to increase the capabilities of individuals and teams and drive employee engagement. Ability to put the needs of the team before their own.
- Communicate with Impact: Ability to deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others, drive decisions and enable delivery and value.
- Achieve Success through Change: Ability to identify opportunities for improvement and innovation, create efficiencies, remove barriers and resistance, and enable desired behaviors.
- Drive Execution and Financial Results: Ability to commit to the success and financial wellbeing of HCA Healthcare by challenging others to excel and hold themselves and others accountable for achieving results. Ability to be a tenacious accelerator who provides world-class value.
ITG transforms healthcare and gives people healthier tomorrows. We deliver information technology strategy, support, and solutions. ITG improve and enhance patient care and business operations. We deliver services at administrative locations, data centers, and hospitals. The facilities we support are located in 20+ states and the United Kingdom. Our team works to move healthcare forward. We do this by seeking, embracing, developing, and delivering technology for patient care.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."Across HCA Healthcare’s more than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive impact on patients, communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a healthier tomorrow."- Jane Englebright, PhD, RN CENP, FAAN
Senior Vice President and Chief Nursing Executive
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply for our Program Director opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be directly contacted by a member of our team. We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.