Posting End Date:
Work Place Flexibility: Onsite
Legal Entity: Entergy Arkansas, LLC
* This position will be filled as a Production Technician III, II, I or Production Technician-CRO based on the qualifications and experience of the selected candidate. *
This position may be filled on day maintenance based on qualifications
Operate and maintain systems associated with a Combined Cycle Gas Turbine (CCGT) facility while demonstrating safety awareness and direction that will continuously improve performance by employees and contractors through the use and strict adherence to procedures and processes.
- Maintain regulatory compliance and be proactive in dealing with all agencies and avoid reportable violations
- Required participation in the multi-year Production Technician multi skill progression plan to develop key skills in maintenance and operations; upon completion the employee should have the desire, aptitude and ability to meet board operator qualification
- Conduct and participate in job briefings and safety meetings. Be responsible for Contractor Safety and conduct Contractor Safety Orientations, as needed
- Apply understanding and knowledge of plant systems, burner controls (where applicable), turbine controls, data acquisition, process controls, regulating devices, personal computers, troubleshooting, etc.
- Operational duties include, but not limited to, operating the control board, making operational rounds, performing PM/PDM activities, HRSG water chemistry, CEMS monitoring and calibrations
- Apply skills to perform inspections, calibrations, installations, repairs, diagnostics, testing and troubleshooting of complex instrumentation equipment and regulating devices in a CCGT facility, alone and as part of a team
- Perform mechanical work involved in inspection, repair and installation of instrumentation and electrical equipment, and light PM of mechanical systems
- Associate Degree in Industrial Electronics, Instrumentation/Controls or Production/Process Technology or equivalent work experience
- PTECH III: 0 - 2 years of experience in a CCGT facility in an operations or maintenance position; or at least 4 years of power plant operations/maintenance/electrical experience
- PTECH II-I: at least 2 - 5 years of experience in a CCGT facility in an operations or maintenance position; or 5 years of power plant operations/maintenance/electrical experience
- PTECH-CRO: at least 5 years of experience in a CCGT facility in an operations or maintenance position; or 10 years of power plant operations/maintenance/electrical experience
** Either the minimum education or minimum experience requirements must be met by the applicant for job consideration. **
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be good at communicating, both verbal and written, the results of evaluations of assignments to supervision
- Ability to interpret and comprehend P&ID's, electrical schematics, network diagrams and OEM manuals
Any Certifications, Licenses, etc.:
- Successful completion of the EEI POSS/MASS test
At Entergy, we've been planning for the future for more than 100 years. We've experienced a lot of change, generating power first from sawdust to now splitting atoms, harnessing sunlight and using abundant, clean and efficient natural gas.
We are on the verge of a monumental technology convergence, where reality swiftly catches up to possibility. The utility of the future does much more than keep the lights on and the gas flowing. It's knowledgeable and skillful workforce will solve challenges and fuel a brighter, smarter, more prosperous future for everyone.
Having the lowest retail electricity rates of any utility in the United States drives economic growth within Entergy's region, a key ingredient to sustained growth for any utility. We also believe a diverse workforce committed to personal and professional growth is critical to our success. We place a high priority on developing talent to meet current and future needs, giving employees opportunities to grow their careers their way.
Entergy's Power Generation group operates a fleet of 28 active natural gas, coal, oil, hydroelectric and solar facilities with the capacity to generate nearly 17,000 megawatts and is building or acquiring more than 3,000 megawatts of new natural gas generation to join its 30,000 megawatts of nuclear, natural gas, coal, oil, hydroelectric and solar facilities.
Primary Location: Arkansas-Malvern Arkansas : Malvern
Job Function: Power Plant Operations
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Relocation Option: No Relocation Offered
Union description/code: NON BARGAINING UNIT-NBU
Number of Openings: 1
Req ID: 110431
Travel Percentage:Up to 25%
An Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Vets. Please click here to view the EEO page, or see statements below.
EEO Statement: The Entergy System of Companies provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The Entergy System of Companies complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
The Entergy System of Companies expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of the Entergy System of Company employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
Accessibility: Entergy provides reasonable accommodations for online applicants. Requests for a reasonable accommodation may be made orally or in writing by an applicant, employee, or third party on his or her behalf. If you are an individual with a disability and you are in need of an accommodation for the recruiting process please click here and provide your name, contact number, the accommodation requested and the requisition number that you are requesting the accommodation for. Employee Services will contact you regarding your request.
Additional Responsibilities: As a provider of essential services, Entergy expects its employees to be available to work additional hours, to work in alternate locations, and/or to perform additional duties in connection with storms, outages, emergencies, or other situations as deemed necessary by the company. Exempt employees may not be paid overtime associated with such duties.
Entergy Pay Transparency Policy Statement: The Entergy System of Companies (the Company) will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c). Equal Opportunity and Pay Transparency.
Pay Transparency Notice:
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision (dol.gov)
The non-confidential portions of the affirmative action program for individuals with disabilities and protected veterans shall be available for inspection upon request by any employee or applicant for employment. Please contact HRCompliance@entergy.com to schedule a time to review the affirmative action plan during regular office hours.
One way that Entergy has found to identify and assess the abilities and skills needed for certain jobs is through pre-employment testing. If this position does require an EEI test, the type of test will be located under the qualifications section of the job posting. If you are invited to a test session, we strongly recommend you review and complete the practice test as well as review the testing brochure for your respective test. The test brochure will give you critical information on the test such as time allocated and number of questions. Also, keep in mind that the actual test is timed; you should practice timing yourself while doing the practice tests. The practice test information and test brochures can be located by going to the EEI website, http://www.eei.org/practicetests, Logon ID: entergy, password: practice test (2 words). Travel expenses incurred in connection with EEI testing are non-reimbursable.
In addition to EEI testing there is also Fit-for-Duty testing which will identify and assess the abilities and skills needed for certain jobs. If this position does require Fit-for-Duty testing, the type of test will be located under the qualifications section of the job posting.
As a provider of essential services, Entergy expects its employees to be available to work additional hours, to work in alternate locations, and/or to perform additional duties in connection with storms, outages, emergencies, or other situations as deemed necessary by the company. Exempt employees may not be paid overtime associated with such duties.
Please note: Authorization to work in the United States is a precondition to employment in this position. Entergy will not sponsor candidates for work visas for this position.