United States of America
PW103: Columbus GA 8801 Macon Road, PO Box 9903, Columbus, GA, 31908 USA
Position Role Type:
Pratt & Whitney is working to once again transform the future of flight-designing, building and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we're seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you'll find a place where your talent takes flight-beyond the borders of title, a country or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we'll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that's evolving fast to the future.
Innovation through diversity of thought. At Pratt & Whitney, we believe diversity of thought enables creativity, innovation, and a foundation for inclusion. By fostering an inclusive culture, we accept a shared accountability and responsibility to recognize, sponsor, coach, hire and promote talent equally. We welcome our employees to be their whole - best - selves at work because trust, respect and integrity, are a part of our DNA.
At Pratt & Whitney, the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up. Are you ready to go beyond?
Columbus Engine Center (CEC) is seeking a highly motivated, capable, self-directed individual for Production Engineer role in support of the Commercial Geared Turbo Fan (GTF) Program. As a Production Engineer, the core responsibility will be on rapid problem resolution, removing waste and variability from production processes ultimately improving quality and delivery. Candidates should be confident and self-motivated, work well within a team and can communicate and work at all levels within the business. The role requires an individual of integrity when representing the business to our customers.
- Evaluate technical data in support of GTF Engineering and Operations
- Prioritize production issues with internal suppliers (CTS & ASE) to align with gated deliveries
- Manage internal communication providing timely updates
- Identifies and manages risk utilizing CORE tools to propose risk management solutions.
- Conducts investigations, provides analysis and develops recommendations for corrective actions for nonconformities.
- Promote the Quality culture in the business, through compliance to the QMS and adherence to Quality Cardinal Rules
- Evaluate current standard work in place and provide areas of improvement
- Seek opportunities to reduce costs and increase quality and efficiency using new materials, processes or technology.
- Assist in training mechanics, inspectors and others related to various technical issues.
- Demonstrate dedication to the EH&S and continuous improvement programs by aligning with all policies and procedures, finishing the required training, and supporting all applicable committee activities.
- Support invoice & cost reduction activities.
- Bachelor's degree (preferably in Engineering)
- Fluent in English (verbal/written)
- US citizenship required due to government contracts
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Internship or co-op experience within the aerospace industry
- Self-starter who takes initiative, support strategic priorities, take ownership of assigned projects/initiatives, contribute to results and be committed to meeting tight deadlines
- Work collaboratively with other functional departments and has good organizational skills necessary to manage daily tasking.
- Must possess ability to make critical decisions and meet important deadlines.
- Able to make quick and well-informed decisions, even under high-pressured situations.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
What is my role type?
In addition to transforming the future of flight, we are also transforming how and where we work. We've introduced role types to help you understand how you will operate in our blended work environment. This role is:
Onsite: Employees who are working in Onsite roles will work primarily onsite. This includes all production and maintenance workers, as they are essential to the development of our engines.
Candidates will learn more about role type and current site status throughout the recruiting process. For onsite and hybrid roles, commuting to and from the assigned site is the employee's personal responsibility.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms