Dana is a global leader in the supply of highly engineered driveline, sealing, and thermal-management technologies that improve the efficiency and performance of vehicles with both conventional and alternative-energy powertrains. Serving three primary markets - passenger vehicle, commercial truck, and off-highway equipment - Dana provides the world's original-equipment manufacturers and the aftermarket with local product and service support through a network of nearly 100 engineering, manufacturing, and distribution facilities.
In this position you will assume responsibility for entire projects and provide general guidance and training to less experienced buyers and support employees. Ability to identify key purchasing related issues and then apply problem solving skills. Ability to function successfully with considerable latitude. Comprehensive knowledge of material management and procurement function.
- Procure material and services in accordance with purchasing procedures.
- Support the company's requirements through successful completion of purchase orders; negotiate price and delivery; initiate and execute contracts.
- Negotiate long term agreements and maintain effective relationships with suppliers
- Interface with all departments as required to service.
- Work with production planners to insure material availability.
- Maintain inventory as indicated by the production plan
- Provide monthly material forecasts to key suppliers for high volume materials
- Maintain accurate supplier information in the ERP system
- Vendor selection; include onsite visits in order to conduct quality surveys and subsequent determination for approval of vendor products/services.
- Ensures quality standards are established and met
- Return products to vendors and follow up with failure and corrective action reports as necessary.
- Monitor purchase price variance as it pertains to standard cost.
- Prepare purchase recommendations and cost savings analyses
- Troubleshoot accounting and receiving discrepancies.
- Ability to work in a participative management environment. Interface with various levels of authority, both internally and externally
- Ability for travel to suppliers, including overseas travel (20%-30%)
- Strong PC skills, including proficiency with Excel, Word and Access.
- Must possess excellent communication, presentation and organizational skills
- Must be able to work in a matrix organization
- Analytical problem-solving skills
Unsolicited Resumes from Third-Party Recruiters
Please note that as per Dana policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters were engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that Dana will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.
Join our team of 40,000 problem solvers who are fostering a culture of innovation by leveraging the diverse perspectives of our global team. We believe in facing challenges head-on by finding opportunity and uncovering possibility, where roadblocks and barriers become targets instead of obstacles. We are One Dana with limitless opportunity.
- Value Others
- Inspire Innovation
- Grow Responsibly
- Win Together