The Product Manager, Warehouse and Distribution is responsible for leading and managing all aspects of the Product lifecycle for the warehousing and distribution product areas of our Supply Chain Automation (SCM) software.
This position aids in the development of new and developed versions of existing software products, and in the development of new product ideas based on his or her experience and interactions with customers and prospective customers.
The position regularly performs market, competitive, pricing, and profitability analyses, which are used to recommend strategies and priorities that will improve the business's product's market position, enable cost reduction, and improve quality over product competition. The Product Manager manages the requirements definition and design process through internal stakeholder and external client discussions and coordinates product release and requirements management activities with our Hyderabad, India-based offshore development team. This role will coordinate daily with our Hyderabad development team attending scrums, managing product backlogs, managing requirements, and working to ensure quality and timely delivery of releases and functionally.
This role reports directly to the Head of Inventory Management.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- As the product manager, define product development directions (features, user experience, application flow and optimizations), backlog priorities, and drive ongoing product initiatives in close collaboration with the Development team
- For new product features, coordinate UI/UX design through user centric design processes and clearly describe user stories and epics, inputs and outputs, application behavior and error handling, to guide the Development team
- Research and collaborate with the development team and Head of Inventory Management on documentation and process improvements, including formalized software product development/scrum tools (i.e. Aha, Jira/Atlassian, Confluence, etc.)
- Conduct market analysis to identify challenges and opportunities for growth
- Supports strategic planning and manages product lifecycle execution from roadmap to market launch
- Defining product requirements documents based on an intimate knowledge of the specific market segments, target customers, and product including both Supply Chain Automation and Clinical and Perioperative Analytics.
- Responsible for assisting Marketing and other groups with the go-to-market plan and enablement, working to ensure that sales, SEs, Marketing, and any partner teams have what they need to be successful
- Listens to customers and using active listening to understand, anticipate and exceed their strategic and solution needs
- Presentation, public speaking, and writing as needed in internal team meetings and to further the Syft product portfolio with clients and future prospective clients.
- Help to drive sales by enabling business development and sales teams, leading calls with key customers, creating tools to support the success, helping to identify opportunities to increase that success
- Present and champion the product vision within the organization and coordinate the execution of the marketing plans with the various stakeholders and departments;
- Track and report progress and performance of projects and recommend improvements
- Coordinates with Marketing on product-focused research of competitor products to understand similarities and differences in features and functionality
- Works closely with the Sales team to understand competitive gaps affecting Sales bookings
- Leads Product/Sales Training, including the release of Products and Services to the field sales team to ensure effective "Stories" are being told and presented.
- Building and maintaining trusted relationships with prospects, customers and partners including leading a to-be-formed Customer Product Advisory Group.
- Trusted advisory relationships with partners, prospects and customers.
- Business partner-level relationships with Engineering, Sales, Marketing and Professional Services.
- Supportive relationships with commercial team including sales and solution specialist team members.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Needed for the Job:
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business, Communications or related field and/or experience; ideally a Master's Degree;
- Previous experience managing Software-as-a-Service technology products and managed services.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a Product Manager role with a healthcare software company required.
- Direct experience in healthcare Supply Chain Management, ERPs, and Automation space required
- Experience with building products and services for partners, resellers, managed services providers, and consulting companies
- Experience with agile methodologies, scrum and scrum master, etc required
- Experience in .NET environments as well a modular, SaaS-based platform delivery model highly preferred
- UI and UX background, including both app and web-based presentation highly preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to influence others internally and externally
- Energetic personality with good communication skills; a positive force within a team
- Strong leadership skills and ability to work both autonomously and as a team player
- Problem-solving oriented, with a constant desire to improve and achieve higher grounds
- Fluent in English; ability to and experience working with offshore Indian software development and QA teams recognizing the time zone challenges of an offshore team
- Ability to analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, and scope business requirements
- Ability to deliver initiatives from conception through completion
- Excellent speaking-listening-writing skills, attention to details, proactive self-starter
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workloads
- General office technology skills required (PC, Microsoft Outlook, smart phone, WebEx)
Travel throughout the US is required from time to time for customer visits, conference, and training (~15-20%). Participation in field events and conferences, corporate events, customer meetings, and more is expected from time to time. Travel to our GHX India office in Hyderabad is required 2-3 times per year.
Estimated salary range: $105,500 - $140,600
The base salary range represents the anticipated low and high end of the GHX's salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary and will be based on various factors, such as candidate's qualifications, skills, competencies and proficiency for the role. The base salary is one component of GHX's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards and benefits include: health, vision, and dental insurance, accident and life insurance, 401k matching, paid-time off, and education reimbursement, to name a few. To view more details of our benefits, visit us here: https://www.ghx.com/about/careers/
GHX: It's the way you do business in healthcare
Global Healthcare Exchange (GHX) enables better patient care and billions in savings for the healthcare community by maximizing automation, efficiency and accuracy of business processes.
GHX is a healthcare business and data automation company, empowering healthcare organizations to enable better patient care and maximize industry savings using our world class cloud-based supply chain technology exchange platform, solutions, analytics and services. We bring together healthcare providers and manufacturers and distributors in North America and Europe - who rely on smart, secure healthcare-focused technology and comprehensive data to automate their business processes and make more informed decisions.
It is our passion and vision for a more operationally efficient healthcare supply chain, helping organizations reduce - not shift - the cost of doing business, paving the way to delivering patient care more effectively. Together we take more than a billion dollars out of the cost of delivering healthcare every year. GHX is privately owned, operates in the United States, Canada and Europe, and employs more than 1000 people worldwide. Our corporate headquarters is in Colorado, with additional offices in Europe, Illinois, Florida, and Nebraska.
Global Healthcare Exchange, LLC and its North American subsidiaries (collectively, "GHX") provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any status protected by applicable law. This EEO policy applies to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, including hiring, training and development, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, educational assistance, termination, layoffs, social and recreational programs, and retirement.
GHX believes that employees should be provided with a working environment which enables each employee to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. GHX expects and requires the cooperation of all employees in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere. Improper interference with the ability of GHX's employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.