Gallagher is a global leader in insurance, risk management and consulting services. We help businesses grow, communities thrive and people prosper. We live a culture defined by The Gallagher Way, our set of shared values and guiding tenets. A culture driven by our people, over 30,000 strong, serving our clients with customized solutions that will protect them and fuel their futures.
Position Summary:This position is responsible for producing new business and servicing existing accounts.
List of Essential Duties:
- Develops and acquires new business revenue through sales to new and existing clients with emphasis on small to mid-size companies with high revenue.
- Provides service to clients according to their needs, retaining them as clients.
- Participates in team sales situations with other producers and support personnel.
- May manage overall client relationships and is supported by day-to-day account management.
- Assists, educates and develops other staff members in new client sales situations and existing client service requirements.
- Applies industry technologies to new sales, additional sales to existing clients and account service.
- Provides direction in account transfer situations.
- Prepares and implements an individual business plan and production budget.
- Develops and maintains interdivision/intercompany relationships consistent with our corporate culture.
- Bachelor's degree, 1 year related experience, and appropriate insurance licensing required OR;
- Bachelor's degree, participation in Gallagher's Sales Internship Program (GSIP), and appropriate insurance licensing required OR;
- High School Diploma/GED and 6 years experience with appropriate insurance licensing required.
- Professional certification preferred (CEBS, CPCU, CIC or ARM).
Acts independently with minimal direction
Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
U.S. Eligibility Requirements (Standard for all U.S. Positions):
- Interested candidates must submit an application and resume/CV online to be considered.
- Are you 18 years of age or older or can you demonstrate legal capacity to enter a contract.
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation; any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation.
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the U.S. For U.S. employment opportunities, Gallagher hires U.S. citizens, permanent residents, asylees, refugees, and temporary residents. Temporary residence does not include those with non-immigrant work authorization (F, J, H, or L visas), such as students in practical training status. Exceptions to these requirements will be determined based on shortage of qualified candidates with a particular skill. Gallagher will require proof of work authorization.
- Must be willing to execute Gallagher's Employee Agreement or Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreement which requires, among other things, post-employment obligations relating to non-solicitation, confidentiality and non-disclosure.
Gallagher believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against nor favor any applicant because of race, sex, color, disability, national origin, religion, creed, age, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, gender, gender identity / expression, actual or perceived sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic. Equal employment opportunity will be extended in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, layoff, and termination. In addition, Gallagher will make reasonable accommodations to known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant with a disability, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.