My client is a private investment firm that invests in the equity and debt of middle market companies in North America. They employ a flexible strategy that approaches complex situations with a solutions orientation.
In their Private Equity business, they look to acquire majority ownership of middle market companies and partner with strong management teams that we support through their CLP Value Creation Framework (CLP-VCF). The companies they invest in are generally specialists within their segments and have identifiable value drivers that they can harness to optimize and grow the business. They are active across a broad range of transaction types including buyouts, recapitalizations, corporate carve-outs and restructurings.
You will assist the team in sourcing, underwriting, and monitoring investment opportunities. This role is suitable for someone early in their career who is passionate about private equity investments. You will be responsible for:
- Provide transactional support for the team
- Perform private equity portfolio valuations and transaction modelling
- Conduct market and company research
- Participate in due diligence calls
- Assist in all aspects of the transaction, including deal selection, pricing analysis, negotiation and execution
- Assist in all transaction documentation and presentations to the investment committee
- Conduct market research
- Perform deal monitoring analysis
- Participation in the identification of deal sourcing targets
- Perform other ad hoc projects
What we are looking for
- Someone who is self-disciplined and demonstrates creative thinking,
- 6 months to 2 years of experience in investment banking, private equity or consulting
- Strong analytical, modelling (LBO required), organizational and writing skills,
- A professional presence coupled with relationship skills to interact effectively with internal and external parties
- A highly-motivated, self-starter with the ability to work independently within a team context
Please note this role will not be suitable and senior enough for individuals recently completing MBAs.