Position Title: Printer Technician/Field Technician
Location: Chicago IL
Anticipated Start Date: Tentative start Date 03/04/2024
Please note this is the target date and is subject to change. BCforward will send official notice ahead of a confirmed start date.
Expected Duration: 12 months Contract with a strong possibility of extension
Job Type: Contract (40 HRS WEEKLY), [CONTRACT], [ONSITE]
Pay Range: $20/hr - $21/hr
Please note that actual compensation may vary within this range due to factors such as location, experience, and job responsibilities, and does not encompass additional non-standard compensation (e.g., benefits, paid time off, per diem, etc.).
- Mechanical and technical aptitude with HP printer hardware.
- Positive attitude.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills along with active listening.
- Customer focus and adaptability to different personality types.
- Previous experience in a customer support role supporting and repairing printers.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to multi-task and set priorities to properly manage their workload.
- Ability to take direction, work within a team, and follow processes.
- Microsoft Suite experience (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- High school degree.
- A valid driver's license and a reliable vehicle to use.
- The primary role of the on-site administrator is to provide 1st level support for printer issues that are logged by the customer.
- The on-site administrator will be assigned tickets with customer satisfaction as the key deliverable.
- The on-site administrator should have good technical aptitude for triaging printer, scan, copy, and fax issues.
- The on-site administrator will be responsible for recommending escalation if an issue cannot be resolved after their visit.
- The On-site Administrator will represent HP in the Customer print environment.
- The successful candidate will effectively address customer tickets while keeping customer satisfaction at the core of every decision and behavior.
- First-level diagnosis and troubleshooting of printer hardware issues.
- Toner and maintenance kit replacements.
- Address paper jams and other minor printer issues (excluding hardware failures (HP) and paper replacement (customer).
- Assist with installation/move/add/change (IMAC) activities.
- Install spare units as necessary to meet SLA requirements (spares provided by HP).
- Build positive relationships with customers.
Technical Support/PC Tech/Printer Tech/Copier Tech
Founded in 1998 on the idea that industry leaders needed a professional service, and workforce management expert, to fuel the development and execution of core business and technology strategies, BCforward is a Black-owned firm providing unique solutions supporting value capture and digital product delivery needs for organizations around the world. Headquartered in Indianapolis, IN with an Offshore Development Center in Hyderabad, India, BCforward’s 6,000 consultants support more than 225 clients globally.
BCforward champions the power of human potential to help companies transform, accelerate, and scale. Guided by our core values of People-Centric, Optimism, Excellence, Diversity, and Accountability, our professionals have helped our clients achieve their strategic goals for more than 25 years. Our strong culture and clear values have enabled BCforward to become a market leader and best in class place to work.
BCforward is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against based on disability.
To learn more about how BCforward collects and uses personal information as part of the recruiting process, view our Privacy Notice and CCPA Addendum. As part of the recruitment process, we may ask for you to disclose and provide us with various categories of personal information, including identifiers, professional information, commercial information, education information, and other related information. BCforward will only use this information to complete the recruitment process.
This posting is not an offer of employment. All applicants applying for positions in the United States must be legally authorized to work in the United States. The submission of intentionally false or fraudulent information in response to this posting may render the applicant ineligible for the position. Any subsequent offer of employment will be considered employment at-will regardless of the anticipated assignment duration.