ePac Flexible Packaging is a global flexible packaging company with locations across the United States, Canada, Europe, Australia, and Indonesia. Built on break-through digital technologies, ePac is at the crossroads of advanced technology and manufacturing. As a start-up in 2016, ePac began with a focus on helping small and medium sized brands compete with great packaging, and today serves thousands of brands of all sizes. In all corners of the world ePac operates, the company strives to serve the communities in which we reside and contribute to the creation of a more sustainable, circular economy.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Plant Director is responsible for the overall planning and execution of plant-wide operations including manufacturing productivity and efficiencies, budgeting and financial performance, quality and safety systems, food safety initiatives, warehousing and distribution, sales support, and regulatory compliance. Leading through a team of leaders and individual contributors, the Plant Director establishes, communicates, and drives the implementation of production related goals by maintaining a culture that is aligned with ePac's core values including our "ePac Why". This position is also responsible for oversight of building design, equipment install and maintenance, hiring, support/training and managing of the ongoing manufacturing facility. The position ensures increasing levels of customer and employee satisfaction while improving the efficiency of manpower, materials and machines.
Pay ranges from $90K+ depending on skills and experience.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- P&L responsibility for assigned plant location, including all functions of facility sales support and operations, including pre-production activities such as prepress, and production planning.
- Monthly/weekly reporting to ePac Holdings on deliverables
- Develops and manages ePac quarterly management deck
- Establishes and adheres to KPIs set forth by VPO and COO
- Manages the training of all personnel to understand and practice AIB requirements
- Manages quality assurance
- Hires, trains, develops employees in the areas of production management, quality control, sales support, and plant leadership and ensures performance monitoring systems are being met
- Manages policy deployment in the areas of lean manufacturing techniques, quality, cost reduction, complete and on-time delivery, safety, customer satisfaction, employee relations, visual controls and plant performance measures
- Provides leadership for employee relations through effective communications, coaching, training and development
- Provides leadership for problem resolution to facilitate fast improvements and improved working relationships
- Manages material requirements to increase inventory turns and reduce levels on hand
- Ensures compliance standards for cost control, waste reduction, quality, OSHA, safety, and complete and on-time delivery at the lowest possible cost
- Determines operations headcount needs and ensures compliance with company policies
- Identifies, communicates and drives implementation of capital investments and improvement projects
NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists in manufacturing as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Communication skills and proficiency (bilingual is a plus)
- Extensive knowledge of complex ERP systems
- Facility operations knowledge
- Lean manufacturing in a make-to-order environment.
- Equipment knowledge
- Production layout and process flow knowledge
- Product structure knowledge
- Understanding of limitations and probabilities of error
- Broad knowledge of packaging applications
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Project Management
- Strategic Thinking
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- Extensive experience managing large teams in industries with functions including such as operations, procurement, inventory management, logistics, quality control and/or research and development preferred
- Bachelor's degree in industrial engineering or other relevant field and/or MBA preferred
- Engineering license such as a PE preferred
- Responsibility in the area of food safety essentials from AIB international 22.214.171.124 section of adequacy of prerequisite and food safety programs