All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
- "Urgent Need" ***$2500 Sign-on Bonus***
- Benefits from Day One
- Paid Days Off from Day One
- Debt-free Education* (Certifications and Degrees without out-of-pocket tuition expense)
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It's about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Days with rotating weekends
The community you'll be caring for:
- Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando
- We offer great benefits with immediate Health Insurance coverage
- Career growth and advancement potential
- Serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
- AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
- We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
The role you'll contribute:
Under the direction of the Pharmacy Director, and in cooperation with other supervisory and resource personnel in the department, is responsible for the daily supervision of the technicians, pages and auxiliary personnel in accordance with the departmental philosophies, goals and objectives. Serves the needs of neonatal, pediatric, adult, adolescent and geriatric patients. Specific age groups are identified in the position responsibilities. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
The value you'll bring to the team:
- Demonstrates, through behavior, Florida Hospital's core values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship, and Teamwork.
- Supervises the work of technicians and pages and interns to ensure the completion of all tasks. Hires, terminates and evaluates all technicians.
- Supervises technician staff in the daily operation of the department for accuracy and quality and corrects deficiencies. Supervises staff in the training of new interns, technicians and pages.
- Supervises the implementation of all new/revised policies and procedures within the department.
- Coordinates scheduling of personnel to ensure that the Department is operated in an efficient and cost effective manner. Posts a daily schedule that will ensure adequate coverage for each area, as documented on the department work schedule sheets. Schedules employee vacations and holidays such that department workloads are covered and each area is provided coverage, as documented on the department work schedule sheets. Monitors employee PDO requests based on hospital and department guidelines. Monitors weekly overtime usage in order to maintain the most efficient usage of human resources, as documented on the departmental time sheets.
- Assigns/finds work for staff when assigned tasks are finished 100% of the time.
- Motivates staff by recognizing and acknowledging work well done.
- Demonstrates initiative in tackling and solving problems to provide a smooth and efficient working situation.
- Understands how to handle, process and appropriately dispose of all waste materials, including all levels of hazardous waste, within the department. Knowledgeable about the appropriate use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and Chemo Spill Kits in the event of a cytotoxic spill.
- Minimum 3 years of contemporary hospital experience
- College with general science course focus
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
- State of Florida Pharmacy Technician Registration
- Current certification from Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB)