The Certified Pharmacy Technician is responsible for providing pharmacy services which include, but are not limited to preparing and distributing pharmaceuticals, including simple compounded preparations, performing inventory control and compliance audits, providing customer service, and maintaining pharmacy records. The Certified Pharmacy Technician works under the direct supervision of the Manager and/or Pharmacists to ensure delivery of high quality patient-focused pharmacy service. This person must be self-motivated, have a strong work ethic, must support a healthy work environment through his or her actions, and must facilitate the site's mission.
Position: Clearway Health - Pharmacy Technician (Signature Healthcare Brockton MA)
Department: Clearway Health LLS - Signature
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES:
- Provides the highest level of customer service, including answering the telephone, greeting customers and guests in person and in any other interaction.
- Assists with medication preparation, which includes:
- Preparing product for use, including packaging, repacking, compounding, bar-coding, or any other manipulation.
- Performing medication preparation in accordance with law, regulation, accreditation standards, and hospital policy or procedure, including participating in a double-check system for all preparation.
- Delivers product to patient care areas, maintaining integrity, security and confidentiality at all times.
- Maintains proficiency and is comfortable with technology, including but not limited to automated dispensing machines (e.g. ParataMax, TCG, etc.), robotics, barcoding systems (e.g. Verify), computer applications, and other pharmacy and general technology solutions.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with all federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations, as well as compliance with all accreditation standards.
- Maintains knowledge and adherence to all policies and procedures of the department and the organization.
- Provides assistance with inventory control (receiving, stocking, replenishment)
- Receives product (e.g. from wholesalers, direct shipments etc.) and stocks the product in accordance with laws and regulations for storage of product and in accordance with hospital policy.
- Checks all product to ensure it is in date and appropriate for use in accordance with processes developed by department leadership.
- Monitors and replenishes stock of medications and supplies, and communicates ordering needs to pharmacists and/or purchasers in accordance with departmental procedures.
- Maintains work area and related areas in order, as required to keep pharmacy clean, orderly, safe and compliant.
- Develops performance or quality improvement initiatives by creating ideas and participating in initiating and executing projects.
- Participates in ongoing performance and/or quality improvement initiatives through active participation and cooperation with the execution of ideas.
Must adhere to all of Clearway Health's RESPECT behavioral standards.
(The above statements in this job description are intended to depict the general nature and level of work assigned to the employee(s) in this job. The above is not intended to represent an exhaustive list of accountable duties and responsibilities required).
- Requires a high school diploma or state-accepted equivalency (GED). College training (AD, BA, BS) or technician training school diploma preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
- Must be registered as a Pharmacy Technician with the MA Board of Pharmacy.
- Must also have national certification (CPhT) from Pharmacy Tech Certification Board (PTCB) or Exam of Certified Pharmacy Technicians (exCPT)
- Requires at least 2-3 years of pharmacy-related experience.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Work requires effective interpersonal skills to interact appropriately patients, families/visitors, colleagues, and others.
- Ability to speak the English language, read, interpret and follow complicated verbal and written instruction with precision, accuracy and dependability.
- Additional language skills (beyond that of English) appropriate to the patient population served is very helpful.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize essential tasks and meet deadlines.
- Ability to perform work accurately and pay attention to detail, including being able to perform general mathematical functions (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, ratios & proportions).
- Basic computer proficiency inclusive of the ability to access, enter, and interpret computerized data/information.
- Must maintain the required level of competency to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.