Title: Deployment & support Service Technician
Location: Pittsburgh, PA 15208
Duration: 02 Years Contract
The service delivery team provides multi-vendor services including hardware and software installation and deployment services for customer projects. The delivery team upgrades current customer IT infrastructure to meet the growing demands placed on their technology. Integration of the latest IT solutions including front office, back office, the data center, the network and training. Additionally, the team supports break fix for printers and personal computer products.
Onsite PC & Printer Service covers:
• The physical de-install move and reinstall of a PC device that is currently installed and connected to a network.
• On site Desk-side Software Support solutions enable an end‐to‐end approach, including options for customizing your support plan to address any unique client service level requirements. Examples include operating system reloading, device re-imaging, onsite support, and virus support, on-site installation, data migration, disk sanitation.
• Visit multiple customer sites per day installing/replacing/repairing equipment in a predefined route, potentially spanning multiplicities and/or states.
• Would be responsible for correct installation, customer satisfaction, equipment and vehicle safety and a timely and accurate installation schedule.
• Possess one to two years’ experience in basic troubleshooting skills on PC desktops, laptops,and printers
• Experienced Customer Service
• Able to lift up to 50 pounds and carry it up to 50/75 yards as needed
• Willingness to work a variable work schedule for deployment project type work, characterized by extended days and travel during the entire project.
• Ability to read and interpret installation guides, service manuals, site maps, and transportation maps
• Ability to accurately conduct equipment inventory
• Demonstrates basic problem recognition on common desktop applications and operating systems
• Demonstrates basic network, laptop, desktop and printer configuration and installation
• Possesses knowledge of LAN design concepts, installation, and troubleshooting without assistance
• May be certified in one or more network operating systems
• Possesses working knowledge of one or more operating systems
• Thoroughly detailed reporting of onsite activities
• RPOS experience a plus
• • Assist Customer with an overview of the Device functionality.
• Report any occurrences of Customer dissatisfaction to the appropriate Delivery Management Service resource.
• Assist in the collection of usage pages for Devices when required.
• Provide initial troubleshooting for Device problems or perform spare Device replacements.
• Perform maintenance on Devices as directed by the Delivery Management Service resource.
• Provide end-user training as defined in the Agreement.
• Applies basic knowledge of the job skills and company policies and procedures to complete a variety of assignments/tasks. Good understanding of the general/technical aspects of the job. Works on assignments that are routine to moderately complex in nature and require basic problem resolution and independent judgment. Organizes own tasks and receives general instructions on all work.
• High School Diploma or equivalent; may hold 2 year post-high school Degree (technical field).
• Typically, 1-2 years of working experience in a related field
• ?50% overnight travel
• Good driving record / interstate travel required
• Background Check / Drug Screening required
BCforward is a Global IT and workforce consulting company, leading businesses at moments of transformation, acceleration, and scale. We are leading a new era of global business and workplace culture forward by providing world-class consulting and staffing solutions to customers across the globe. At BCforward, we champion the power of human potential to help companies transform, accelerate, and scale.