Opportunities with Reliant Medical Group. When you join Reliant, you’ll be part of a community-based, multi-specialty, physician-led medical group. Everyone works collaboratively on a common purpose: improving the quality, cost and experience of health care. With the resources of a global health organization – Optum – behind us, we’re at the forefront of value-based care. Supported by a patient-centric business model – integrated care teams focus on the best patient care, rather than volume. Here, you’ll contribute to an exceptional patient experience. Discover a place where you can help shape the future of health care and do your life’s best work.(sm)
Responds to patient/responsible party via telephone, in person and written contacts in a professional manner and according to Revenue Operations guideline. Processes patient receivables, and special requests in accordance with office policy and procedures. Responsible for coordinating and processing registration reports and issues.
- Processes incoming telephone calls, correspondence, responsible parties and guarantors in a timely and professional manner
- Follows up on all requests in a timely and courteous manner
- Counsels patients/responsible parties on insurance issues, charges and self-pay balances. Confirms Epic coverage on file for date of service is accurate. Educates patients on their responsibility per EOB from insurance. Payment alternatives, including payment plans, discounts and financial aid, offered when needed. Researches all issues including but not limited to reaching out to coding, follow up, provider offices
- Accurately posts self-pay type payments according to standard procedures
- Makes outgoing calls to when patient is delinquent on a payment plan
- Makes outgoing calls to patients whose statements have been returned for bad address
- Processes housing and attorney requests
- Reaches out to patients disputing debt sent to Collection Agency. Informs Collection Agency of resolution
- Communicates and interfaces with providers, staff, patients, family members and others to ensure high-quality patient care
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma
- 1+ years customer service
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of third-party billing or successful completion of related college courses preferred
- Knowledge of various software applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Demonstrate a professional and courteous manner when interacting with customers and co-workers
- Show proficiency in current billing software within 6 months
Unless certification, licensure or registration is required, an equivalent combination of education and experience, which provides proficiency in the areas of responsibility listed in this description, may be substituted for the above requirements.
- Physical health sufficient to meet the ergonomic standards and demands of the position
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.