Advocate Aurora Health has an immediate need for a Palliative Medicine physician in Sheboygan, WI
Join one of the nation’s largest, most respected health systems and experience what it means to live well. Advocate Health is seeking dynamic Palliative Care Physician to serve its patients at Aurora Medical Center in Sheboygan, WI.
- Provide inpatient consultation services to patients in a tertiary hospital, including family meetings to discuss and clarify goals of care, as well as provide guidance and oversee pain management.
- Collaboration with a system program of Palliative Medicine Physicians, APCs, Social Workers, and Chaplains
- Shared call (average 1:6) to support good work/life balance
- Practice consists of a mix of Inpatient and Outpatient
- EPIC EMR
- Opportunity for further program development
- Aurora Sheboygan Medical Center is a 113-bed, 24/7 full-service hospital, including 45 Specialties, opened in 2022
Training and/or experience required
- Completion of an Accredited Hospice and Palliative Medicine Fellowship
- Board certification/board eligible in Hospice and Palliative Medicine
- Wisconsin License or ability to obtain
- Program Development or Leadership experience preferred, but not required
- Team player who is hardworking, ethical and has excellent communication skills
What Advocate Health offers
- Integrated nationally recognized organization
- A diverse and inclusive environment ensuring safe and equitable care for all patients
- A competitive compensation model that is sustainable, equitable, transparent, compliant, and rewarding
- Comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental, vision and life insurance, CME allowance, 401K, and a deferred compensation plan, and paid medical liability insurance
- Relocation assistance up to $12,000
- Student Loan Forgiveness
- Paid Time Off
- Adoption assistance and surrogacy assistance
- Education Assistance Program
- Pre-tax accounts for dependent care, health care and commuter benefit
- Leave-of-absence programs including: FMLA, Military Leave, Parental Leave, Personal Leave, VESSA Leave
About Aurora Medical Center- Sheboygan
Full-service hospital with a commitment to medical excellence, innovation, and safety. A nationally recognized health care provider offering a wide range of medical specialties in a culturally affirming and compassionate way to help all people live well.
About Advocate Health
Advocate Health is the 5th largest nonprofit health care system in the United States. We are a national leader in clinical innovation, health outcomes, consumer experience and value-based care. Advocate Health has a combined footprint across six states – Alabama, Georgia, Illinois, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Wisconsin. In Illinois and Wisconsin, we serve nearly 3 million patients annually across more than 500 sites of care in 27 hospitals. We are a leading employer in the Midwest with a diverse team of over 77,000, including 3,700+ employed physicians and more than 2,000 Advanced Practice Clinicians in our clinician-led medical group.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion every single day and in everything we do. By cultivating an atmosphere of acceptance and compassion, we create a welcoming environment where our patients can heal, our teammates can thrive, and our business can grow. As a teammate, working in a diverse setting allows you the chance to grow in ways that will broaden your perspective to deliver the best possible patient care.
Aurora Medical Center - Sheboygan County
Aurora Medical Center- Sheboygan County is a full-service hospital with a commitment to medical excellence, innovation and safety. A nationally recognized health care provider offering a wide range of medical specialties in a culturally affirming and compassionate way to help all people live well.