We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
JOB TITLE: Packaging Material Handler
BASE RATE PER HOUR
# OF OPENINGS:
(Starting times and hours may vary depending on coverage due to report-offs and the production schedule especially during holidays.)
JOB SUMMARY/ JOB DUTIES:
The Packaging Material Handler is responsible for handling materials related to food production on the packaging floor.
• Reads production schedule to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed. Weighs or counts items for distribution within plant to ensure conformance to company standards.
• Requires visual verification of items, physical movement of the product from manufacturing into the warehouse area.
• If applicable, operates/drives material handling equipment to transport stored items within the packaging room/facility.
• Responsible for removal and waste tracking in the packaging department.
• Inspects product load for accuracy, and safely move it around the packaging floor or other parts of the facility as needed to ensure timely and complete delivery.
• Conveys materials and items from receiving or production areas to storage or to other designated areas.
• Position lifting devices under, over, or around loaded pallets, skids, and boxes, and secure material or products for transport to designated areas.
• Opens bales, crates, and other containers.
• Moves portable equipment to packaging floor from storage area.
• Manually or mechanically loads and unloads materials from pallets, skids, platforms, cars, lifting devices, or other transport vehicles.
• Operates or tends automatic stacking, loading, packaging, or cutting machines.
• Maintains general housekeeping duties, sweeps floors, retrieves pallets and distributes to proper locations; performs light maintenance. Ensure all recyclables are place in designated bins.
• Practices and adheres to appropriate safety procedures, including but not limited to, wearing all needed PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) when required.
• Other duties that may be performed by the Material Handler are, but not limited to: safe housekeeping, keeping work areas clean; storing supplies in designated areas; keeping aisles/exits clear and free from obstructions; removing trash from work area floor; following instructions for safe lifting/carrying of various sizes, shapes, and weights. Practices and adheres to GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) guidelines/procedures.
• Ensures proper placement of the pallet tag on the product and marks materials with identifying information.
• Performs other job-related projects, duties and assignments as directed by supervision, including packing.
• Perform sanitation tasks as directed.
• Mandatory overtime may be required.
• May perform other duties as required.
High School Diploma or GED and/or 1-year production experience in a manufacturing environment required.
Sitting: Seldom Standing: Continuously Walking: Frequently
Driving: Occasionally Using hands: Continuously Climbing: Occasionally
Stooping, Kneeling: Frequently Talking, Hearing: Continuously Tasting, Smelling: Seldom
Floor to Waist Lift: Frequently Waist to Eye Lift: Occasionally Two Handed Carry: Frequently
Pushing: Continuously Pulling: Continuously Overhead Work Standing: Frequently
Ladder Climbing: Occasionally Repetitive Twisting Standing: Frequently Repetitive Twisting Sitting: Frequently
Hand Dexterity: Continuously Bending: Continuously
Up to 10 lbs.: Continuously Up to 25 lbs.: Frequently Up to 50 lbs.: Occasionally
Up to 100 lbs.: Frequently More than 100 lbs.: Frequently
The noise level in the work environment is quiet in the office areas but moderate on the warehouse floor. Temperature is ambient and impacted by seasonal changes.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.