Operator IinCalvert, ALatVeolia North America Date Posted: 8/18/2022
- Employee Type: Full-Time + Location: Calvert, AL + Job Type: Other + Experience: Not Specified + Date Posted: 8/18/2022
Job Description Company Description
Veolia Group aims to be the benchmark company for ecological transformation. With nearly 220,000 employees worldwide, the Group designs and provides game-changing solutions that are both useful and practical for water, waste and energy management. Through its three complementary business activities, Veolia helps to develop access to resources, preserve available resources and replenish them. In 2021, the Veolia group provided 79 million inhabitants with drinking water and 61 million with sanitation, produced nearly 48 million megawatt hours and recovered 48 million tons of waste. Veolia Environnement (Paris Euronext: VIE) achieved consolidated revenue of 28,508 billion euros in 2021. www.veolia.com (\)
- The Operator I operates and maintains sludge, dewatering treatment, processing, disposal and testing equipment in an industrial facility to purify water to meet customer specifications and state discharge permit requirements.
Primary Duties / Responsibilities
- Must demonstrate ability to work in a team environment and willingness to assume additional or new responsibilities. + Consistently demonstrates the ability to learn and independently operate assigned machines and equipment meeting or exceeding processing, quality, and safety requirements. + Demonstrates the ability to learn and independently operate equipment such as pumps, engines, generators, valves, gates, mixers, conveyors, blowers, dryers, chemical feed, sludge processing filters, belt presses and measuring/control devices, testing equipment and material handling equipment. + Demonstrates the ability to learn the proper utilization of waste-water laboratory equipment. + Some experience in a related position and work environment is preferred.
Education / Experience / Background
- High School diploma or GED + Some experience in a related position and work environment is preferred. + Must demonstrate a working ability to use computer programs for process control
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Must have the ability to read, write and comprehend English (operational, process, safety and quality instructions). Must have the ability to perform basic mathematical calculations. + Must demonstrate ability to work in a team environment and willingness to assume additional or new responsibilities. + Must be able to serve rotational 24 hour emergency on-call if required by site.
Required Certification / Licenses / Training
- Must possess a valid driver's license and a safe driving record. + Must be able to pass a drug test and a criminal background check. + Ability to obtain certification to operate forklift and personnel lift.
Physical Requirements / Work Environment
- Spends 100% of the time in an operations environment. May need to work outside in inclement weather conditions and drive company vehicles to perform duties. + May be exposed to possible operations hazards including fumes, toxic and caustic chemicals, heavy machinery, high pressure, hot or cold work environment temperatures, slippery surfaces, water hazards and electrical equipment. + Amount of time spent - Standing 35%, Walking 25% for as many as three miles per shift. + While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch and enter confined spaces. Will be required to use ladders or stairs. + The employee must lift and/or move up to 50 pounds (occasionally 60 pounds). Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus. Requires close visual observation to detect process non-conformance and machine malfunction.
VNA is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. VNA's practices and employment decisions, including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion, compensation, benefits, training, discipline, and termination shall not be based on any person's sex, race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran status, citizenship status or other protected group status as defined by applicable law.
VNA gives fair consideration to all qualified individuals and affords all employees and applicants opportunities for advancement according to their individual abilities without regard to membership in any applicable protected category. No opportunity for hire, advancement or any other condition of employment will be diminished through unlawful discriminatory practices.As an inclusive company, Veolia is committed to diversity and gives equal consideration to all applications, without discrimination.We are an Equal Opportunity Employer! All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.