At Prospero, part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, your work will empower people with complex health conditions to live their best life. Whether you’re joining us in a clinical or non-clinical role, your contributions will help patients write their next chapters with joy and dignity. Help us build a new kind of health care that operates by establishing trust as the centerpiece of medical care. We will provide you with career growth opportunities, comprehensive benefits, brilliant coworkers and more to help you redefine what loving care looks like. Join a team of people with a heart for service and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
What makes your greater with Prospero? You can improve the health of others and help heal the health care system. You can work in an incredible team culture; a clinical and business collaboration that is learning and evolving every day.
Positions in this function are virtual extensions of local interdisciplinary care teams of palliative care providers supporting patients facing serious illness, including their families and caregivers. As part of the Virtual Care Support team, the Advanced Practice Nurse (APN) plays a critical role in providing access to patient care, by being available on evenings and/or weekends (daytime or overnight shifts) to address any patient concerns that require escalation to a provider. The Virtual Care APN is responsible for assessing the needs of the caller often triaged by a nurse on the team and determining the next steps in patient care. Additional responsibilities may include support of patient outreach and engagement, patient scheduling and rescheduling, and other administrative functions, as required.
- Manage and address clinical calls from patients and/or caregivers which are escalated to the provider
- Use evidence-based treatment guidelines in medical decision-making and patient education appropriate to the patients’ overall clinical status
- If appropriate, perform telephonic or virtual visits for patients
- Prescribing and/or ordering of medications or supplies to address the patients’ immediate clinical needs
- Document interactions with the caller in the patient record to include the assessment, plan of care, any actions and interventions and the resolution of each patient/family interaction
- When appropriate, consult with a back-up physician on-call from patients’ primary market/team for support in making most appropriate plans
- Educate patients on topics such as disease process, medication, and adherence
- Comply with all HIPAA regulations and maintain security of protected health information (PHI)
- Demonstrate the highest level of professionalism, accountability, and service in your interactions with colleagues
- As appropriate, attend regularly scheduled in-services, staff meetings, and educational conferences
- Develops and achieves professional growth goals and objectives and reviews with supervising manager monthly
- Promotes a customer service-oriented approach to care delivery
- Supports and promotes all Care Center cultural platforms
- Compliance with all departmental standards, policies, and procedures with training and education, management of the workload, disaster planning, attendance, adherence, and quality standards
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Current, unrestricted NP license or the ability to obtain licensure within the state(s) of assignment
- Active or ability to obtain DEA licensure / Prescriptive Authority post-hire in states where applicable
- Nurse Practitioner national certification as ANP, FNP, or GNP
- Comfort with computers and technology; willing and able to learn new software tools
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Experience participating on teams in a multi-site or virtual environment
- A clinical background in virtual/telemedicine, primary care, urgent care, geriatrics, and/or palliative medicine optimal
- Bilingual or multilingual fluency, including the ability to read, write, and speak
- Highly motivated, flexible, and adaptable to working in a dynamic environment
- Highest level of ethics and integrity
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills, able to easily build positive relationships with stakeholders
- Clear, concise, and persuasive verbal and written communication. Must be able to positively interact with other clinicians, senior management, patients and their families, and all levels of medical and non-medical professionals.
- Ability to work provide high quality patient care in a virtual/telehealth environment
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.