Northeast Georgia Health System is rooted in a foundation of improving the health of our communities.
About the Role:
Mid-level position responsible for support, implementation, repair, and maintenance of Network wired, wireless, and security infrastructure/applications, including: routing, switching, IPS/IDS, firewalls, B2B VPN, remote access VPN, network access control, application delivery, WAF, RF management, BLE, RTLS location services, advanced data center overlay technologies, cloud technologies (AWS, GCP, Azure), WAN/SDWAN technologies (including satellite, cellular, and broadband), UPS technologies, and DDI. This position must be able to demonstrate each of the job specific skills and abilities listed.
Minimum Job Qualifications
- Licensure or other certifications:
- Educational Requirements: Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field required.
- Minimum Experience: Four (4) years experience supporting critical IT network infrastructure in a highly available 24x7 environment.
Preferred Job Qualifications
- Preferred Licensure or other certifications: Juniper JNCIS, Cisco CCNA, or similar certification.
- Preferred Educational Requirements:
- Preferred Experience:
NGHS Core Competencies
- Being Vulnerable: Admits mistakes and shortcomings; Shares thoughts and feelings openly; Is transparent without hidden agendas; Seen as authentic and genuine; Open and non-defensive to feedback
- Communicating Effectively: Shares information fully and offers knowledge and experience; Conveys ideas in a manner that engages others; Takes unpopular positions if necessary; Engages in unfiltered dialogue; Relates to others in a respectful manner, regardless of level, personality and background
- Being Accountable: Demonstrates tenacity and perseverance; Takes initiative; Engages resources to overcome obstacles; Has the courage to do the right thing even when difficult; Acts with integrity in accordance with our Core Values
- Displaying Empathy: Shares in the joys and pains of others; Is available and offers to help others; Shows concern for the challenges of others; Has a positive and kind demeanor; Takes a non-judgmental approach with others
- Holding Others Accountable: Provides current actionable feedback, both corrective and reinforcing; Doesn't allow problems to fester; Takes action when necessary, even if unpleasant; Uses every opportunity to give reinforcing feedback to others; Helps others see their blind spots
- Listening: Practices attentive and active listening; Listens for the unsaid; Asks questions to confirm understanding; Hears people out without interrupting; Is open to viewpoints of others
- Managing Disagreement: Acknowledges differing viewpoints and sees it as an opportunity to learn; Doesn't run away from conflict; Strives for win/win solutions; Hammers out tough agreements; Finds common ground and solves problems for the good of all
- Promoting Teamwork: Values the contributions of all; Connects others' roles to organizational and team success; Encourages and supports; Cuts across boundaries to get things done; Puts own needs aside for good of the team and the organization
- Striving for Continuous Improvement: Experiments regularly with new ideas and approaches; Willing to fail; Learns from mistakes; Always seeks to be better tomorrow than today; Adapts to change
- Quest: Demonstrates/utilizes Quest tools in department.
- Talent Development: Coaches and develops staff.
- Safety: Promotes patient, visitor and staff safety and effectively manages hazards that lead to injury or harm.
- Productivity: Meets productivity expectations.
- Regulatory Compliance: Ensures department's compliance with all regulatory, DNV, mandatory education, and similar requirements.
Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
Identifies unit/department level goals that align with the organization's Key Performance Indicators.
HIPAA (Health Information Portability and Accountability Act)
If, in the normal course of my duties and responsibilities, I am required to access protected health information (PHI) and electronic protected health information (EPHI) for the purposes of treatment, payment and operations within Northeast Georgia Health System, I will limit such access to only the minimum necessary amount of PHI and EPHI necessary to perform the functions of my job. If access is not required in the normal course of my duties and responsibilities, I will not access PHI or EPHI.
Job Specific and Unique Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to articulate technical expertise to peers and leadership team
- Ability to lead collaborations with teams to build the best possible solution for customers
- Moderate understanding of networking concepts and ability to walk through communication flows in extensive detail
- Passion in identifying innovative approaches to using new or existing technologies to meet current and future business needs
- Experience mentoring and providing technical guidance to junior engineers and peers
- Understanding of WAN technologies including SDWAN, satellite, cellular, and broadband connectivity
- Knowledge and experience with network financials and billing
- Ability to work with end users and IT staff to define network requirements for IT systems user experience
- Moderate experience troubleshooting Networking infrastructure and components, IT systems, and cloud environments
- Eagerness and willingness to pursue continual education to foster personal growth
- Moderate experience in helping people communicate through enterprise scale network and network security environments with a focus on Juniper/Mist, SDWAN, and hybrid multi-cloud environment routing and switching, as well as Palo Alto, Forescout, and F5 security tools.
- Moderate experience with routing and switching (BGP, OSPF), network access control, L2/3 overlays (EVPN, VXLAN, ACI, OTV), hybrid multi-cloud environments (Azure, AWS, GCP), B2B and remote access VPNs, RF environments, RTLS technologies (BLE, UWB), and disaster recovery environments.
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities
- Participates in on-call rotation.
- Perform complex problem isolation within the network.
- Creates technical documentation for infrastructure solutions.
- Assist with defining technical network engineering policies and procedures.
- Ensure the security of the system by driving standards and policies across all applicable technology towers.
- Monitor Network Services infrastructure capacity and performance to ensure continued, uninterrupted operation of its systems and applications.
- Lead/coordinate new network infrastructure and applications deployment.
- Coordinate and collaborate with vendors on repair and maintenance of various network systems and their components.
- Assist Management with Network Services financial planning, budgeting, and billing.
- All other duties as assigned by the Unified Communications Manager and/or the IT Network & Telecommunications Supervisor.
- Weight Lifted: Up to 50 lbs, Frequently 31-65% of time
- Weight Carried: Up to 50 lbs, Occasionally 0-30% of time
- Vision: Heavy, Constantly 66-100% of time
- Kneeling/Stooping/Bending: Frequently 31-65%
- Standing/Walking: Frequently 31-65%
- Pushing/Pulling: Frequently 31-65%
- Intensity of Work: Constantly 66-100% of time
- Job Requires: Reading, Writing, Reasoning, Talking, Keyboarding, Driving
Working at NGHS means being part of something special: a team invested in you as a person, an employee, and in helping you reach your goals.
NGHS: Opportunities start here.
Northeast Georgia Health System is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.