This Ministry Advancement Administrator position will currently be a part-time role with the likelihood of it going full time in the near future.
The purpose of this position is to assist in fulfilling the mission of the Ministry Advancement team defined as follows: Through faithfully abiding together, we provide excellent team leadership in our teams that can be replicated locally for the purpose of mission fulfillment. We provide Godly relational leadership within our department, our Leadership Teams and with the field. This includes vision and strategic leadership, excellent equipping, and relevant resourcing.
Administrator for Ministry Advancement:
- Provide support for initiatives, projects, and tasks for the Ministry Advancement Department
- Coordinate schedules, appointments, and other administrative tasks for Ministry Advancement team
- Coordinate and process Ministry Advancement expenses/reimbursements
- Serve to communicate with and respond to YFC USA paid Field Staff across the country
Coordinates Administrative Service for Ministry Advancement teams such as:
- Facilitate travel needs for Ministry Advancement individuals and group meetings (securing meeting spaces, arranging flights, car rentals, hotels, driving directions, meals etc.)
- Support project, equipping & resource development work
- Create and coordinate communication from the department around each National Ministry model and other emerging field support for our department.
- Create detailed reports to track department’s progress
- Serve as an active and contributing member of the Ministry Advancement Division administrator team
Facilitate Creation of Excellent Resources:
- Provide a detailed eye for editing and layout of written resources
- Have experience in graphic design and document layout
- Detail oriented
- Strong listener, desire to support a leadership team administratively to accomplish department objectives
- Excellent written communicator
- Comfortable following through with repetitive tasks (keeping notes, scheduling appointments, drafting reports) with high levels of excellence
- Pleasant and kind person who enjoys working with different personalities and leadership styles
- Can anticipate needs and follows through with all assigned tasks in a timely manner
- Ability to respond to changing departmental needs
- Edit and format ongoing training resources including online content and event content
- Oversee the graphic design process for the department
- Foster a culture of Continual Improvement in Ministry Advancement by helping to analyze feedback from events, resources, and trainings
- Provide support for initiatives, projects, and tasks for the team as assigned
- Coordinate support and alignment with organizational policies, divisional general practices, and strategic plan governance
- Team Player: Ready and willing to help further the cause while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Travel to several key events as needed.
- Fluency in Microsoft Office 365
- Graphic Design
- Proof Reading and Document Editing
- Managing large email lists and promotional emailing systems
- Video Editing (optional)
- Salesforce (optional)
Because the overriding religious purpose and mission of Youth for Christ USA is to communicate and introduce the Gospel of Jesus Christ to young people and their families, and in that regard to make, educate and encourage life-long disciples of the Lord Jesus Christ, it is very important that you as an employee in the movement of Youth for Christ be recognized as an associate minister of the Gospel.
As an employee of Youth for Christ and an associate minister of the Gospel, YFC expects all employees to:
- Seek God’s guidance and wisdom, through prayer and meditation, for the organization as a whole as well as for specific ministry initiatives.
- Participate and lead regular times of prayer, devotion and worship as a regular aspect of your role within YFC.
- Teach and preach from the Holy Bible at YFC staff meetings, conferences, camps and events.
- Model empathy, humility and care for all people. This includes promoting equity and inclusion in word and in the practice of faith expression.
Additionally, YFC employees will have an opportunity to be commissioned or licensed as a minister of the Gospel through the established Youth for Christ process, and/or ordained by an outside body recognized by Youth for Christ USA.
All YFC employees are expected to regularly and actively participate in faithful activities that advance the stewardship functions of YFC/USA. These activities will include—but are not limited to— extending invitations to fund raising events, recruiting personal circle of influence/YFC donor contacts, sending letters, handwritten notes, personal calls, and personally ministering to donor contacts.
For Affiliate and Chapter Staff: YFC may attach a minimum fundraising goal to certain projects, activities, departments, or individuals.
Willing to demonstrate and/or possesses the following:
- Ability to humbly serve and honor others even in difficult situations with prayer, consistency, transparency, and resilience. (Enduring Humility).
- Demonstrates proper reliance on God, others, and self through generous giving of time and skills, by collaboratively incorporating others’ ideas, welcoming candid input, recognizing others’ need for grace and extending forgiveness and empathy. (Relentless Trust).
- Prioritizes others’ needs for a missional outcome, characterized by joy, with active listening and problem-solving skills, while encouraging and empowering fellow believers. (Joyful Camaraderie).
- Trusts God with new approaches and changes, and communicates needs and limits with emotional intelligence, while seeking confidence and wisdom in Christ. (Courageous Faithfulness)
- Seeks authentic Christ-Centered relationships with people of various backgrounds, fosters an inviting environment and empowers historically marginalized groups and indigenous populations (within the local context), through active listening, inclusion, advocacy for those who are vulnerable and respect of others’ experiences. (Kingdom Inspired Diversity).
Knowledge & Skills:
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, and organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively with board members, staff members, volunteers, consultants, and donors/prospects
- Energetic, self-motivated, detail-oriented, flexible, and adaptable with a sense of humor, able to multi-task and work independently in a small, hands-on work environment
- A team player with an attitude of service and ability to motivate others.
- Computer fluency in MS Office suite
Credentials Required & Preferred Education:
- Associates or bachelor’s degree
Our comprehensive benefits package includes:
- Vacation time
- Sick time
- Access to EAP - Centura
Job Type: Part-time
- Paid time off
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Typing: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: Remote