Raleigh - Durham, NC
HYBRID Work Schedule
Power Careers LLC is exclusively partnered with the nation's most innovative utility engineering divisions! They are seeking an innovative and team-oriented Microgrid Project Development Engineer to join the team. In this role, you will serve as the technical liaison with the Sales Team in the pre-sale development of an opportunity's scope, costing, and application while meeting client design intent. Additionally, you will play a critical role in the post-sale phase of the project partnering with the project management team. As a trusted advisor, you will be responsible for understanding the challenges faced by our prospects, customers, and our industry.
To be considered for this role, you should have knowledge and relevant work experience of Microgrid offerings such as diesel and natural gas generation, BESS, PV systems, fuel cells, wind, etc., and a clear understanding of Microgrid technologies (hydrogen, plant-based diesel, etc.). You should also be familiar with codes and standards interpretation and application (NEC, NFPA, IBC, IEEE, etc.) and have the ability to develop concept drawings sets (Electrical One-line Diagrams, Site Layouts, etc.). Strong commercial and industrial electrical power systems knowledge, application analysis, and estimating skills are also required.
Duties And Responsibilities Include But Are Not Limited To
- Develop concept drawings sets (Electrical One-line Diagrams, Site Layouts, etc.)
- Understand codes and standards interpretation and application (NEC, NFPA, IBC, IEEE, etc.)
- Review specifications, drawings, or customer requests to determine project scope, schedule, risk, and all technical delivery requirements
- Assist and participate in new product offering discussions, maintain an awareness of industry product and technology trends for various product lines and applications
- Work closely with sales staff, product engineering and manufacturing leads to ensure complete and shared project understanding
- Effective communication with internal team members for estimate/proposal development
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related technical degree.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as an electrical consultant, application/development engineer or related industry position
- Strong CAD skills are required.
- Electrical Engineering Skills will be subject to an assessment.
The biggest value we bring to you as a potential candidate is our ACCESS to employers, our ABILITY to technically vet skill set matches and our EXPERTISE when considering your employment offer package. By access, we mean the industry relationships we have cultivated with Presidents, Owners and Operations Executives across the country who reach out to us daily with their talent needs. Here’s a rundown of advantages you gain by working with our firm.
- We are experts in this Niche. We know the equipment-makes, models and manufacturers. We know the electric power supply chain from generation, to transmission to distribution, storage and quality assessment.
- We have access to career opportunities that are not publicized and have longstanding relationships with companies across the United States. This gives us the ability to make candidate recommendations to top level decision makers without waiting on cumbersome internal recruitment processes.
- We keep your candidacy 100% confidential letting you have peace of mind that you can explore your options while currently employed.
Logan Ridlen, Recruitment Manager at Power Careers LLC
Worried about the security of your resume, email me directly!
"I specifically recruit for and support mission critical power, electrical power, renewable energy, utility, electric and smart grid development, data center growth, digital and electrical infrastructure, construction, and the electric vehicle (EV) markets. This includes industries in power generation, power distribution, power transmission, regional transmission organizations (RTOs), independent system operators (ISOs), electrical contracting, power quality, back-up power, packaged power, battery power, uninterruptible power supplies (UPS), power protection and controls, electrical testing, power equipment maintenance, acceptance testing, commissioning, solar energy, wind energy, hydro energy, tidal energy, and geothermal energy."