- Plans and organized the staff and activities in support medical informatics and related departments, supporting the development and optimization of evidenced-based clinical content, clinical workflows, and effective use of data within the domain of electronic medical records and the EMR ecosystem.
- Provides design expertise.
- Guides the team in use of effective methodologies and ensures delivery of a quality product consistent with organizational objectives and goals. Supports innovation and enhancement of care delivery and care quality using health information technology
- Leads development and maintenance of clinical content and clinical workflows and develops expertise within the team.
- Promotes enterprise-wide clinical standardization to reduce variability in care delivery and ensures change management and enterprise quality standards are met.
- Serves as a resource to management during evaluation of related project proposals; utilizes knowledge of current inpatient and ambulatory information systems and associated data to leverage for proposed projects.
- Ensures clinical workflow across departments is designed into overall plan and development of clinical care, also ensures clinical content built with the end in mind to include meaningful use data capture, clinical quality assurance, and regulatory reporting, as well as disease management, research and care improvements.
- Ensures clinical information system supports clinical quality and patient safety as well as business requirements (coding and compliance).
- Recommends methods for updating or improving processes or procedures.
- Serves as a liaison between technical and clinical stakeholders and helps maintain open communication with all groups.
- Makes recommendations and proposals for new initiatives in support of assigned projects.
- Uses knowledge and skills to contribute to the development of functional objectives and principles to achieve goals in innovative ways.
- Problems addressed are of diverse scope and complexity ranging from moderate to substantial.
- Bachelor's Degree in Informatics, Clinical, Technical or related field, required.
- Epic knowledge and Epic certified
- 5-8 years of relevant and progressive experience with evidence of leadership, required.
- Informatics experience highly preferred.
- Current license to practice in a healthcare discipline in New York State preferred.
- Touchworks experience is preferred
SGA is a Certified Women's Business Enterprise (WBE) celebrating over thirty years of service to our national client base for both permanent placement and consulting opportunities. For consulting positions, we offer a variety of benefit options including but not limited to health & dental insurance, paid vacation, timely payment via direct deposit. SGA accepts transfers of H1 sponsorship for most contracting roles. We are unable to sponsor for Right-to-Hire, Fulltime, or Government roles. All parties authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply for all roles. Only those authorized to work for government entities will be considered for government roles. Please inquire about our referral program if you would like to submit a candidate for any of our open or future job opportunities. SGA is an EEO employer. We encourage Veterans to apply. To view all of our available job postings and/or to learn more about SGA please visit us online at www.sgainc.com .