Gordon Memorial Hospital - Gordon, NE
The purpose of the Medical Billing Specialist is to ensure the smooth transition of claims throughout the revenue cycle process.
- Maintains current knowledge of billing rules and regulations.
- Follows up on delinquent accounts.
- Submits claims to insurance companies.
- Manages denials of claims.
- Contacts insurance companies and patients to seek account resolution.
SCOPE OF IMPACT
The Medical Billing Specialist ensures the organization is getting payment for services rendered in a timely and efficient manner.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Associates Degree preferred.
- Billing experience preferred
Licensure and Certification:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of:
- General billing
- Microsoft Office
- Internet navigation
- Skills in:
- Skills in organizing information and tasks
- Problem solving
- Time management
- Phone Etiquette
- Ability to:
- Be detail oriented
- Research and be resourceful
- Learn new software
- Problem solve and adapt