- Welcomes patients, shows them to examination rooms and prepares them for the provider.
- Obtains medical information and history from patient. Confirms purpose of visit or treatment. Measures vital signs.
- Prepares room for provider by positioning patients. Arranges room, instruments, supplies and equipment.
- Inventories supplies and places orders accordingly.
- Prepares specimens, performs basic laboratory tests, disposes of contaminated supplies, sterilizes equipment. Draws blood as needed.
- Prepares patient for x-ray. Operates electrocardiogram or other equipment to administer routine diagnostic tests.
- Authorizes drug refills as directed. Telephones prescriptions to pharmacies. Administers medications per providers’ directions.
- Educates patient by providing information on medications, health, and diet. Answers any questions they might have.
- Removes sutures and changes dressings.
- Records billing information of services rendered, completes insurance forms and responds to all insurance or third-party inquiries.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment.
- Keeps patient care information confidential per HIPAA.
- Follows all clinic guidelines for proper patient care, maintaining a safe, secure, and healthy work environment.
Work Remotely: No.