Great people. Great places. Great projects. kW Mission Critical Engineering, a WSP company, is a high-performance, fast-paced consulting engineering firm designing data centers and mission critical environments across the globe. We hire smart, responsive, team players to work in collaborative and mentoring office settings. Our mechanical, electrical, plumbing, fire protection, controls, telecommunications, and security building system designs keep many of the world's top Fortune 100 financial, technology, enterprise, hyperscale, and colocation companies up and running 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
We work on innovative, award-winning, large-scale projects. We travel to construction sites to see our designs being built. As part of WSP, we are able to offer our employees increased professional development and career opportunities in addition to kW MCE's office culture which is consistently recognized as one of the "Best Places to Work." Join our great people at our great places designing great projects.
kW Mission Critical Engineering, a member of WSP USA, is currently initiating a search for a Mechanical Engineer for our kW Tempe office or St. Louis, MO office. As a Mechanical Engineer with us, you will design complex cooling and HVAC systems including air distribution systems, chiller plants, and alternative energy solutions for mission critical facilities.
- Independently support the project team during design and construction stages of projects
- Design air distribution, hydronic and automated temperature controls systems
- Integrate complex mechanical engineering requirements into facility designs
- Work within multi-discipline project teams to develop drawing and specification documents for issuance to architects, contractors and building owners
- Attend client meetings and contribute to discussions
- Collaborate and coordinate with internal project discipline team members and external vendors and manufacturers
- Communicate mechanical engineering concepts and decisions to clients and stakeholders
- Interact regularly with clients, which includes maintaining current relationships and developing new relationships
- Mentor and train junior engineers
- Track and coordinate all mechanical disciplines: HVAC, Energy, Controls, Fire Protection, Fire Alarm, Plumbing, Fuel Oil Storage / Management / Distribution
- Provide oversight of all aspects of mechanical design, review systems, drawings prior to issuance
- Perform Computational Fluid Dynamic (CFD) evaluations for existing and new facilities, both internal and external
- Select and schedule major equipment
- Develop project specifications
- Survey and evaluate existing conditions
- Perform construction administration tasks
The ideal candidate has familiarity with Building Information Modeling using Revit, has strong communication skills, and an interest in liaising with internal and external design, client, and construction team members. Candidate should be willing to travel to client sites.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or Architectural Engineering with mechanical building systems emphasis
- 3+ years of experience in designing mechanical systems for the high performing, commercial, industrial or mission critical/data center buildings
- Excellent interpersonal skills, teamwork, and written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with applicable software including AutoCAD, Revit, Trane Trace and Pipeflow
- Knowledge of building, mechanical and energy codes
- EIT or Registered Professional Engineer (PE), if eligible
- Experience with the analysis and modeling of interior and exterior Computational Fluid Dynamics of airflow
- Mission Critical/Data Center experience
- Experience with international projects